International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE), the premier annual event for communications technology professionals, has introduced the second annual IWCE Young Professional Award winners. The award showcases the next-generation of leaders in the communications technology industry who are shaping the future of the industry.
IWCE’s Young Professional Awards recognize young professionals under 35 who have made a significant contribution in his or her company or agency and works in the communications technology industry. These individuals are executing some of the most innovative ideas, showing
creativity and initiative.
“Congratulations to the 2018 Young Professional award winners,” said Stephanie McCall, Show Director, IWCE. “These individuals are the up-and-comers in the telecommunications industry, honored for their spectacular work and accomplishments. We look forward to celebrating their achievements at IWCE in March and seeing their contributions in the years to come.”
The 2018 IWCE Young Professional Award winners include:
- Tamim Akimi, LTE Engineer, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Rodrigo Batista de Moura, Deputy Planning Coordinator for Critical Communications, State Secretariat of Public Safety for Rio de Janeiro
- Steven Cheng, Regional Product Manager for North America, Comba Telecom
- Brandon Edelman, Product Manager, Value Added Services, Motorola
- Reinhard Ekl, Vice President of Product and Public Safety, RapidSOS, Inc.
- Colton Engel, Emergency Management and Communications Director, Saline County Emergency Management
- Carrie Johnson, Lead Manager-FirstNet, ATT
- Alex Lorello, Chief Engineer, SecuLore Solutions
- Stephen McConnell, Service Technician, Turris Communications Ltd.
- Thomas Meno, Information Technology Specialist, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Benjamin Morgan, Developer; Professional Services, Avtec
- Jared VandenHeuvel, Project Coordinator, Public Safety Broadband Program, Texas Department of Public Safety
- Ross Venhuizen, Software Strategy & Operations Consultant, Motorola Solutions
- William Wong, DAS Engineering Manager, Advanced RF Technologies, Inc. (ADRF)
- Minghua Xu, Controller, Hytera America, Inc.
Winners will be recognized at a special ceremony on Thursday, March 8. IWCE takes place March 5-9, 2018 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
Interested in attending? Visit iwceexpo.com to register and use promo code YPGUEST for free exhibit admission.