Teledyne e2v expands its Emerald family of CMOS image sensors with a 5-Mpixel device, the Emerald 5M designed for machine vision, automated optical inspection (AOI), and factory automation applications. Available in both monochrome and color, the sensor has a 1/1.8-inch optical format, containing a 2.8-μm, low-noise, global shutter pixel, and arranged in a 2,560 x 1,936 array. The device can also stream video at 50 fps at 10 bits, over a 4 wire, MIPI CSI-2 interface.
The sensor includes 5° Chief Ray Angle compensation and is offered in a ruggedized cLGA package or miniaturized organic fan-out package measuring 1.19-mm thick. Features include:
- Global shutter CMOS pixel (2.8 μm x 2.8 μm)
- 1/1.8” optical format
- MIPI CSI-2 interface, up to 4 wires
- Package options: CLGA or fan-out organic package
- Color Filter Array options: monochrome or color Bayer
- On-chip functionalities: multi ROI, subsampling, single frame exposure, single frame HDR
For more information, visit checkout the 5M page and request a datasheet.