NEWTON, MA /Marketwire/ -- Leading industry analyst Raghu Das, CEO of IDTechEx, will present "The New Printed Electronic Paradigm" as the day-two keynote during Sensors Expo & Conference, June 6–8, 2011, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. He will speak on Wednesday, June 8 and join Dr. Hugh Herr, Biomechatronics Researcher, who will present "The New Era of Human 2.0: New Minds, New Bodies, New Identities" as the opening keynote on Tuesday, June 7.
"We are honored that Raghu Das will share his vast knowledge and experience with the Sensors Expo audience," said Event Director Beth Torrey. "Printed electronics are having an enormous impact on sensors, as well as solar cells and energy storage, and Raghu will provide key insights into the market opportunities this presents."
Raghu Das has been closely involved with the development of RFID, printed electronics, energy harvesting, and electric vehicles for over 10 years and has consulted in these areas in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
In addition to the two keynote presentations, the 2011 Sensors Expo & Conference will include two new tracks: Mobile Sensing and Cutting-Edge Applications and Technologies.
The Mobile Sensing Track will feature:
- Cell-All Using Commercial Cellular Phones and Infrastructure to Provide Ubiquitous Biological and Chemical Sensing, Stephen Dennis, Technical Director, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and Diane Winchell, Senior Director of Business Development, Qualcomm Inc.
- Sensor Fusion and Its Applications in Portable Devices, Jay Esfandyari, Product Marketing Manager, STMicroelectronics
- Wireless MEMS Sensor Platform Compatible with Cell Phones and Laptops, Douglas Sparks, Executive Vice President, ISSYS
The Cutting-Edge Applications and Technologies Track will feature:
- Vision 2020: Megatrends in Sensors, Kiran Unni, Research Director, Measurement & Instrumentation, Frost & Sullivan, and Dr. Rajender Thusu, Team Leader, Sensors and Instruments Practice - Measurement and Instruments, Frost & Sullivan
- Developing Motion Control and Pointing Applications for 3D-Like User Experiences, Dan Simpkins, Founder, CEO and Chairman, Hillcrest Labs
- Benefits of IP Sensors for Use in the Home and Healthcare Applications, Geoff Mulligan, Chairman, IPSO Alliance, and Jon Adams, Business Development, Freescale Semiconductor
- Body-Worn RF Electronics: Product Design & Manufacturing Considerations, Scott Bright, CEO, Synapse Product Development
The Sensors Expo & Conference will once again be co-located with the Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Chicago and bring together thousands of engineers, scientists, and industry professionals from around the world to see the latest innovations in sensor technology, learn about the most important sensing trends, and network with industry thought leaders.
About Sensors Expo & Conference
The Sensors Expo & Conference is produced and managed by Questex Media Group LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA. The event will take place at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, 5555 N. River Road, Rosemont, IL. For information on attending, call 866-817-5048.