Teledyne LeCroy’s three-phase power analysis software package brings 1-phase and 3-phase static and dynamic power analysis to its HDO8000A, HDO6000A and WavePro HD 12-bit high-definition oscilloscopes. With the 3-Phase Power Analysis software package, engineers can now use the company's 12-bit-resolution oscilloscopes to better understand complex power conversion system and control behaviors and hasten power conversion system-design refinements.
The software package now enables more thorough power-conversation system evaluations and provides deep insight into complex dynamic system behaviors in applications including dc/dc power supplies, hybrid/electric vehicles, solar PV and grid-tied inverters, welding equipment, uninterruptible power supplies, and HVAC systems. Capabilities include:
- Numeric measurement table to display mean value "static" power behaviors
- Per-cycle Waveforms of "dynamic" power enables the correlation of complex power conversion system behaviors to other control or power system waveforms to debug drive system problems
- Zoom+Gate mode for time-correlated, instantaneous understanding of dynamic power behaviors, and complete correlation to control system and other behaviors
- Harmonic order calculations with tabular and spectral displays and THD measurements (available in optional Harmonics software package)
- Support for two-wattmeter method to make accurate 3-phase power measurements using just two voltage and two current signals.
The 3-Phase Power Analysis software package is priced at $3,500. The ancillary Harmonics software add-on is priced at $1,545. For more information, visit Teledyne LeCroy and/or call 800-553-2769.