Western Digital introduces its Purple microSD card, designed for the complex and dynamic data demands of modern surveillance cameras and edge systems. Optimized for 24/7 surveillance video capture, the microSD card supports a continuous surveillance workload. It captures and preserves video in a variety of high-definition and next-generation formats, including 4K Ultra HD video, as well as nimbly supports the movement of data to core data systems for analytics and fast business insights.
The card features a rugged and humidity-resistant design, enabling trusted video capture in a wide range of environmental conditions, including outdoors in snowy winters and indoors in hot and humid factory settings.
Designed to support a wide range of video resolutions and surveillance video recording implementations, additional features include:
- Robust Endurance for Continuous Recording: Supports up to 1,000 PE Cycles
- Card Health Status Functionality for Easy Card Maintenance: In compatible cameras, a unique health monitor offers reporting capabilities to provide users and system installers valuable information, including the card’s endurance and capacity status, enabling predictive maintenance and taking the “guess work” out of when to service the card.
- High Performance for Next-Generation Video: Offers speeds of up to 80 MB/s sequential read and 50 MB/s sequential write and supports Speed Class 10 and UHS Speed Class 11.
- Trusted Video Capture in Wide Range of Climates: Designed for use in temperatures ranging from -25°C to 85°C, it enables reliable video capture indoors and outdoors.
- High Capacity to Capture and Preserve Video if Connection to Network Connection is Lost: Offered in capacities up to 64GB2
The microSD card is available in 32 GB and 64 GB capacities for $18.99 and $31.99 each. For more information, visit Western Digital.