LONG BEACH, CA – Epson America introduces its latest dye-sublimation printer designed for the roll-to-roll digital textile market – the new Epson® SureColor™ F7170. The SureColor F7170 joins the complete line of SureColor F-Series printers, including the F6070 and F7070, and integrates true roll-to-roll support for unprecedented levels of performance, reliability, and image quality for the fabric production and soft signage markets.
Designed exclusively by Epson, the optimized Epson MicroPiezo® TFP® print head and Epson UltraChrome® DS ink system enables the SureColor F7170 to deliver high-quality printing for a range of dye-sublimation applications with superior dot control, precise and repeatable performance and excellent longevity. A new highly accurate take up reel and substrate system delivers winding accuracy between zero and .19-inches on transfer paper rolls for a wide range of digital textile applications, including flags, banners, home furnishings, and apparel manufacturing. Built for increased productivity, the SureColor F7170 also features a high-capacity ink tank system with refillable bags to allow continuous printing through a full roll of media without running cleaning cycles and a new post-platen heater for faster drying times.
"The SureColor F7170 was designed to enable digital textile producers to increase productivity, minimize downtime and maximize profitability," said Catalina Frank, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. "The combined power of Epson's MicroPiezo TFP print head technology with an advanced feature set and industrial-level performance enables customers to manage high-quality dye-sublimation printing across a range of applications all day, every day."
The Epson SureColor F7170 offers a range of features, including:
• Precise Roll-to-Roll Feeding Technology: A new highly accurate take up reel and substrate system delivers winding accuracy between zero and .19-inches on transfer paper rolls; standard on the SureColor F7170, this robust take-up reel allows for maximum uninterrupted production runs with minimal maintenance downtime
• MicroPiezo TFP Print Head: One-inch wide, high performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel capable of handling ten separate ink channels; low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
• Epson UltraChrome DS Ink: The SureColor F7170 is designed to work exclusively with Epson UltraChrome DS Ink and no other inks or cartridges1; Epson exclusive dye-sublimation CMYK ink technology produces extreme color gamut with vibrant colors, intense blacks, sharp contours, and smooth gradations; provides extremely fast drying times, and with the new ink refill packs, offers a low total cost of ownership
• Wasatch SoftRIP: Wasatch SoftRIP TX enables users to start printing sellable output immediately out of the box with specialty features for textile printing
• Epson Transfer Media: The SureColor F7170 is fully compatible with Epson's line of dye-sublimation transfer papers, including the new DS Transfer Production paper for high-volume customers (up to 575 feet per roll), as well as two other offerings – the DS Transfer Adhesive Textile for high-end cut-and-sew fabric and apparel production and the DS Transfer Multipurpose for transfer applications that use either soft or rigid surfaces.
Support and Availability
The Epson SureColor F7170 will begin shipping in summer 2014 through Epson's select F-Series dealers. The SureColor F7170 offers a standard Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service. For additional information, visit http://www.proimaging.epson.com/.