TouchSensor Technologies Demonstrates Continuing Commitment to Operational Excellence
Wheaton, IL – TouchSensor Technologies completes several key 2013 quality initiatives, including:
• Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification for one employee completed in January 2013
• ISO 9001 Annual Surveillance Audit completed in November 2013
• Six Sigma Black Belt certifications for two employees completed in December 2013
The year 2013 started with TouchSensor’s Customer Quality Manager, Alex Iracheta, receiving his Master Black Belt Certification following completion of Colorado-based BMGI’s Master Black Belt program. TouchSensor’s General Manager, Gregg Schreiber, said at the time, “We are proud of Alex’s accomplishment in completing the certification program and look forward to him deploying his lessons-learned to his TouchSensor colleagues as part of our continual improvement efforts.
In November, TouchSensor was recommended by the Registrar, Eagle Registrations, for continued Certification to the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS) Standard. The audit resulted in zero non-conformances and included four Positive Comments about the TouchSensor Technologies’ Quality Management System. The Lead Auditor from Eagle Registrations listed Positive Comments about TouchSensor’s QMS as follows:
• Best Practice for Quarterly Business Update Meetings
• Best Practice for addition of photography in Corrective Action Reports
• Best Practice for improvements to Calibration System and Database
• Best In Class for Root Cause Analysis and Investigation Methods
“TouchSensor Technologies has committed significant resources to maintaining and improving its Quality Management System and the feedback from the Registrar helps validate that the effort is really paying off”, stated Greg Poissant, TouchSensor’s Director of Supplier Quality.
Finally, in December 2013, two TouchSensor employees received their Six Sigma Black Belt certifications. Luis Ramirez, APQP Engineer, and Slavisa Dacic, Mechanical Engineer, completed an extensive five week Operational Excellence (OpEx) training course offered by one of TouchSensor’s customers, Whirlpool Corporation. The training will help TouchSensor deploy Six Sigma tools to improve new design and manufacturing processes.
Alex Iracheta, Customer Quality Manager and Master Black Belt, stated, “The addition of two Six Sigma Black Belts will help TouchSensor to continue with its Design for Six Sigma mentality”. Mr. Iracheta added, “TouchSensor will also be conducting Design For Six Sigma training and Innovation training for several of its employees during the first quarter of 2014.”
TouchSensor™ Technologies has 25 years of experience working with client OEMs in the design, integration and manufacturing of the sensors, switches and consoles used as the input panels for home appliances, automotive center stacks, exercise equipment, POS beverage dispensers and more. Our expertise in human-machine interface solutions helps our customers to:
• accelerate product design and development cycles,
• reduce development and manufacturing costs,
• improve product quality and reliability,
• reduce end-user lifetime cost of ownership, and
• improve product quality.