GERMANTOWN, MD /BUSINESS WIRE/ -- Telkonet Inc., a leading technology provider for broadband networking, end-to-end service support, and energy management, announced the availability of the new Telkonet SS1107 Energy Management Controller, representing significant advances in versatility, interoperability with other equipment, and overall performance. The powerful new Telkonet SS1107 controller incorporates key design innovations, including compatibility with a wide range of Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner (PTAC) equipment and third-party sensors, for maximum installation flexibility.
Compared with the previous SS1106 model, the Telkonet SS1107 controller's communications have been radically enhanced, with a dedicated port for high-speed communications and the ability to support future mesh networking technology, in line with Telkonet's development plans for its networked Telkonet SmartEnergy (TSE) system. Other major features include operating at much higher data rates, typically 100 times faster, for extended performance and future-proofing. The SS1107 provides instant visual verification of the radio-signal strength between the sensor and base-station devices, for confirmation of installation quality. Flexible mounting options ensure that any outlet location can be accommodated, making the controller substantially easier to install. Users can also access more run-time statistical data for enhanced performance analysis and tracking, spanning of a wide array of parameters, such as heating and cooling status, room occupancy patterns, and the status of the wireless communications with current room sensors.
"The introduction of the 1107 continues the evolution of our Telkonet SmartEnergy solution," explains Jeff Sobieski, Telkonet's Executive Vice President of Energy Management. "Our goal is to ensure our technology is flexible and adaptable. We can now interoperate with a large majority of PTACs, enlarging our potential audience by a considerable factor. Our development activity is focused on the concept of energy management networking to create the most reliable and efficient communications platform, supported by centralized control and reporting."
The Telkonet SS1107 Energy Management Controller offers numerous advantages compared with previous-generation designs, with the following product enhancements.
- Field upgradeable. Flash-based CPU enables the controller's firmware to be kept up to date easily, ensuring long-term future-proofing.
- Increased compatibility. The controller operates with virtually any PTAC, irrespective of age and type, including lower-voltage systems and mini splits, plus interfaces with third-party occupancy sensors.
- Faster operating speed, with higher data rate. Serial speed is 100 times faster than the previous model.
- Improved installation speed and flexibility. Flexible mounting options accommodate any outlet location. Auto-calibrating light sensor provides reliable installation verification, and visible radio-strength indicator shows quality link between sensors and base station.
- Advanced patio/lanai door or window monitoring. Dry contact switch inputs enable the PTAC to be turned off when doors or windows are opened and operates optionally with the Telkonet SS2020 wireless door sensor.
- Temperature calibration flexibility. The unit supports calibration at absolute rather than relative values, with adjustable set-point limits adjustable for heating-only/cooling-only systems.
- Load shedding on demand. Extra dry contact supports the ability to perform load-shed events when used in with other services.
- Patented Recovery Time Technology, with enhanced statistical analysis. This incorporates Telkonet's proven room-by-room energy-saving technology, prioritizing energy efficiency and customer comfort, with greater recording of run-time statistics for improved diagnostics.
- Enhanced data statistics. The controller captures detailed statistics for better troubleshooting/maintenance to proactively identify failing PTACs, dirty filters, and low refrigerant.
- Extended product life. Improved HVAC algorithm protects the HVAC system from excessive runtime.
- SmartView remote viewing software. This seamlessly integrates with the SS1107 to enable the convenient monitoring of an entire multi-product energy management system, as well as easy data download, from a single access point.
About Telkonet SmartEnergy
TSE is an intelligent, occupancy-driven, in-room energy-management system, providing an economic, green approach to controlling HVAC usage and improving energy efficiency. It incorporates a patented technology, Recovery Time (RT), that performs constant real-time calculations to adjust and maintain a room's temperature based on occupancy. Unlike conventional fixed-setback systems, where the temperature is often forced to one fixed temperature in all rooms, RT takes into account a diverse range of factors to determine each room's energy efficient temperature, restoring the temperature to the users' desired comfort setting within minutes of returning to a room.
TSE has been proven to deliver a rapid return on investment, typically achieving quantifiable savings of around 30% by eliminating the wasteful heating and cooling of unoccupied rooms. Operating on an individual room-by-room basis, the system uses a combination of occupancy sensors, along with intelligent programmable thermostats or PTAC controllers, underpinned by RT's unique functionality that ensures rooms are never excessively hot or cold when an occupant returns to the room.
Telkonet Inc. specializes in advanced integrated solutions for broadband data networking and energy management, including its highly successful in-building powerline communications technology. Headquartered in Germantown, MD, Telkonet has over 140 employees and serves thousands of customers worldwide.
The company's unique broadband networking solutions currently support more than a million network users per month, with its energy management systems optimizing energy consumption in over 60,000 rooms. Telkonet's technology innovation is underpinned by the highest level of end-to-end quality of service, with comprehensive technical customer support. Its systems deliver wide-ranging functionality, from wired and wireless high-speed Internet access to energy management, IP surveillance, and local-area networking. Telkonet's platforms are widely deployed on the global stage, in single buildings and ships, multi-building complexes, hospitality venues and multi-dwelling units, and at government, education, and defense locations.
Telkonet's innovations include the revolutionary Telkonet Series 5 and the Telkonet iWire System, which convert a site's existing internal electrical infrastructure into an IP network backbone quickly, cost-effectively, and without disruption. The portfolio also includes the integrated EthoStream product suite, providing a comprehensive and advanced technology management platform for the hospitality industry, differentiated by outstanding remote management tools and a dedicated customer support facility. Telkonet SmartEnergy completes the line-up, delivering typical bottom-line savings of 30% by controlling in-room energy consumption according to occupancy.