LAS VEGAS /BUSINESS WIRE/ -- Sybase iAnywhere announced enhancements to RFID Anywhere, the company's software infrastructure that provides a complete environment for developing, deploying, and managing robust, highly distributed radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions. Sybase was recently featured as a leader for enabling the next generation of business-driven RFID solutions in the RFID Switchboard publication, "20 Leading RFID Innovators of 2008."
With RFID Anywhere 3.5, Sybase iAnywhere further extends the Sybase Unwired Enterprise vision with flexible middleware that integrates RFID and sensor technologies with business logic to enable the development, deployment, configuration, and management of distributed intelligent sensor networks. The broad device support, developer productivity tools, flexible architecture, and rich feature set of RFID Anywhere make it an ideal infrastructure upon which to build intelligent RFID and sensor solutions.
"As a solution provider of RFID systems, the ability to rapidly implement diverse workflows and deliver innovative applications is of critical importance," said Mohinder Sikka, CEO, Sensitel. "RFID Anywhere simplifies prototyping and development tasks while maintaining hardware flexibility. By building on RFID Anywhere, Sensitel is able to focus on solving business problems at hand, meeting customer's expectations, and delivering the project on time, without getting bogged down in technical complexities inherent in working with RFID and sensors."
"RFID middleware plays an increasingly important role in providing the flexible foundation on which to create RFID and sensor solutions," said Robert Veitch, Senior Director Business Development, Sybase iAnywhere. "By providing flexible device support and a rapid development environment on a solid architectural foundation, RFID Anywhere 3.5 improves the chances of delivering successful RFID projects."
RFID Anywhere 3.5 offers key enhancements in a number of areas:
- Increased developer productivity through support for the latest tools, along with updates to the included templates that guide development
- Custom business logic development through templates and coding using C++ in Visual Studio 2005 & 2008
- Support for libraries, communication, and architecture of .NET 2.0 for custom business logic development
- Updated templates for event-driven business logic development, plus new templates for building pluggable, custom tag encoding/decoding libraries
- Enhanced mobility features with more robust support for occasionally connected devices
- Increased ability for developers to control the type and amount of data sent between mobile devices and servers, minimizing the amount of data traffic while leveraging the unique on-device development capabilities of RFID Anywhere
- Greater flexibility with newly expanded device support
- Passive RFID: Alien 9900, Intermec IF61, Omron v750, Sirit Infinity 510, Feig LRU1000, IPICO, and Impinj Speedway
- Handheld RFID: Psion Teklogic Workabout Pro, Intermec 751, and Sirit Infinity 210
- Forklift RFID: Intermec IV7
- Active RFID: ePlate and WaveTrend
- RTLS: RFind and Sky-Trax
RFID Anywhere 3.5 will be available in Q2 2008. An overview webcast will be held on Wednesday May 14th. To register please visit the company's Web site. Additionally, to join the very popular RFID Anywhere developer community and to download a free development copy of RFID Anywhere, visit the company's Web site.
About RFID Anywhere
RFID Anywhere simplifies the development, deployment, configuration, and management tasks for highly distributed, multi-site, intelligent sensor networks, and abstracts the interaction with the physical network of devices. With support for over forty devices, this powerful infrastructure enables the creation of intelligent sensor networks out-of-the-box. By using RFID Anywhere, sensors are able to work together as an intelligent network by combining, organizing, and coordinating the technologies through a common management structure, advanced feature set, and event-driven development framework.
Sybase iAnywhere, a subsidiary of Sybase Inc., enables success at the front lines of business. The company holds worldwide market leadership positions in mobile and embedded databases, mobile management and security, mobile middleware and synchronization, and Bluetooth and infrared protocol technologies. Sybase iAnywhere plays an important role in the Sybase Unwired Enterprise strategy, which focuses on managing and mobilizing information from the data center to the point of action. Tens of millions of mobile devices and over 20,000 customers and partners rely on the company's "Always Available" technologies, including SQL Anywhere and its Information Anywhere suite.
Sybase, iAnywhere, iAnywhere Solutions, Information Anywhere, RFID Anywhere, and SQL Anywhere are trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of Sybase Inc. or its subsidiaries. The Bluetooth trademark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG Inc., and any use of such marks by iAnywhere is under license. IBM, Lotus, Domino, and Sametime are trademarks of IBM Corp. in the U.S., other countries, or both. All other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.