With thumbs planted firmly in its waistband, Esticast Research and Consulting announces that the Shortwave Infra-Red (SWIR) camera market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% during a forecast period from 2018 to 2025. The research firm projects that, with the rapid development of imaging technology and optics, SWIR cameras would experience a hike in demand for various commercial as well governmental applications such as product inspection, counterfeit object detection and defense and military sector.”
- North America held nearly 1/3rd share of the overall market in 2017, owing to high adoption within military and other commercial activities
- Area cameras to exhibit an impressive growth during the forecast period with increasing demand from the defense sector
- Expanding the product portfolio and enhancing the products will assist the major players to excel in the market.
- The market in Asian countries, such as China and India is expected to grow with the fastest rate during (2018 – 2025).
- Linear cameras are expected to witness a CAGR of 8.31% during the forecast period.
- By application, optical communication segment dominated the global market in 2017, holding nearly 3/7th of the global market.
Some major market players active in the industry are Sensors Unlimited, Xenics, Photonic Science, Princeton Instruments, Axiom Optics, New Imaging Technologies, IR Cameras, Atik Cameras, and Raptor. For more findings, checkout a report overview.