Newton, MA – June 23, 2016 – Sensors Expo & Conference (#Sensors16), the nation's leading event focusing exclusively on sensors and sensor-integrated systems, in conjunction with Sensors Magazine, today revealed the winners of the 2016 Best of Sensors Expo Awards. Designed to spotlight the advances in both innovations and real-world applications of sensors, the prestigious awards were presented on Wednesday, June 22nd at the Sensors Live Theater by Executive Editor of Sensors Magazine, Mat Dirjish.
2016 Innovation Award Winners include:
- Gold level: Bosch Sensortec GmbH BMF055 for the industry's first custom programmable 9-Axis motion sensor;
- Silver level: ams AG for the NanEye 2D, Fully Digital Camera Head;
- Bronze level: Siargo for the Fl1000: Time-of-Flight MEMS Flow Sensor;
- Honorable Mention winners include NimbeLink for the Skywire 4G LTE CAT1 Embedded Modem and Texas Instruments for the FDC2214 capacitive sensing integrated circuit.
2016 Application Award Winners include:
- Gold Level: NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC) for Real-Time Monitoring with Fiber Optic Sensing System (FOSS);
- Silver Level: Parker Hannifin Corporation for SensoNODE Blue and Gold Sensors/SCOUT Mobile Software;
- Bronze Level: First Sensor AG for Area View System;
- Honorable Mention winners include TE Connectivity for the Piezo Cable Crucial to Taekwondo Competition and Pico Technology for the PicoDiagnostics NVH kit.
In addition, awards were given for Engineering Excellence. Alex Tongue of Sensuron was named the 2016 Rising Star and the team at Sensuron was also awarded Engineering Team of the Year.
"It is an exciting time to be involved in the sensor industry as innovations and applications abound. The winners of our annual Best of Sensors Awards not only showcase the potential of the market, but highlight the real-world impact these sensor-based solutions can deliver," said Dirjish. "We extend our congratulations to all the winners and look forward to their future innovations."
About Sensors Expo & Conference
Sensors Expo & Conference is widely known as one of the world's largest and most important gatherings of engineers and scientists involved in the development and deployment of sensor systems. The 2016 event is taking place June 21-23 with Pre-Conference Symposia being held on Tuesday, June 21 and Conference and Exhibits open Wednesday, June 22 and Thursday, June 23. For more information, visit www.sensorsexpo.com. Sensors Expo & Conference is produced and managed by Questex LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA. For more information, visit www.questex.com.
For further information, contact: