Schneider Electric’s PowerLogic ION9000 power-quality meter is touted as having the industry's most advanced capabilities with five core innovations. As per the company, it is:
- World's most accurate meter, at Class 0.1S, 2X more accurate than any other meter on the market, making it the most accurate meter inexistence today, unlocking significant new possibilities for energy savings.
- Cyber security ready, designed to align with modern grid cybersecurity policies. helping to eliminate vulnerabilities to critical power assets and systems
- Onboard power quality analysis helps ensure safer, more reliable, more efficient power in large and critical buildings and infrastructures, providing useful information, not just data, and it does so via its onboard PQ tool, according to EN50160 and IEEE519 standards. The ION9000 also has extended waveform capture and patented disturbance direction detection(DDD).
- Smart power event analysis automatically correlates related trends, events, and waveforms based on time and type of incident, saving time and providing vital insight with pre- and post-incident data.
- Unique, patented ION programmability, allowing for adaptable, customized power management capabilities – protecting your investment into the future.
Other enhancements for large and power-critical facilities include greater safety, reliability, efficiency, and compliance.
Leveraging visibility of an electrical system is easier with the ION9000 and power management software. Quick views of energy consumption, power quality, and power network status are all available in real time. The ION9000 is a critical tool for preventive maintenance and root cause analysis in power outages (or PQ events).
To be certified 0.1S accurate the meter uses only the most precise, reliable components available. Combined with EcoStruxure Power edge control software, it helps reveal every power network risk and opportunity. Knowing exactly what happened during an incident is vital for re-establishing normal operations and helps mitigate future issues before they become problems. The ION9000 helps avoid outages, equipment damage, failures and interruption of critical operations.
An efficient, optimized power network is a productive network. With its smart power analysis, the ION9000 provides advanced diagnostic information to EcoStruxure Power software for power quality analysis and system forensics, revealing root causes of power events and optimizing power network efficiency. This contextual information allows users to draw conclusions about cause and effect, which enhances operations and enables maintenance scheduling on power equipment only when and where it is needed. Improved power quality also increases the reliability and lifespan of equipment.
The ION9000 is the only meter that complies with all three of the latest power quality standards: IEC61000-4-30, IEC62586-1, and IEC62586-2. With is legendary ION programmability, its modularity designed for rapidly changing IoT-enabled power networks, as well as its world-leading 0.1S accuracy, the ION9000 sets the new standard for compliance with local and international standards and regulations far into the future.