March 2, 2018 seminar to take place at the InterContinental Hotel in downtown Milwaukee to focus on devices that perform self-diagnostics and troubleshooting and integrate easily with “plug and play” functionality
The Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) has announced the next in its series of informative technical seminars. The March 2, 2018 half-day seminar, to be held at the downtown Milwaukee Intercontinental Hotel, will feature a keynote address by sensor industry marketing expert Roger Grace of Roger Grace Associates www.rgrace.com. The title of his presentation is “Smart Sensors in Fluid Power: A Systems -Solutions Approach”. Presentations from fluid power industry notables will also be included in this information-rich seminar.
Tom Wanke, director of the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium, said “This is a unique opportunity for attendees to obtain up-to-the-minute information on smart sensors and their ever increasing and important role in fluid power. In addition to Roger Grace’s keynote overview presentation on smart sensors, leading fluid power industry speakers will address technologies and applications of smart sensors in fluid power which are smaller, more cost-effective and more robust. Additionally, wireless sensors for measuring pressure, temperature, position, velocity, acceleration, flowrate, load, torque and system fluid condition, as well as sensors with internal self-calibration and diagnostic functionality, will also be discussed.”
The seminar will also provide attendees with the opportunity to meet and network with diverse industry professionals who represent stakeholders in the fluid power industry and experience the benefits of becoming a consortium member. The non-consortium member registration fee is $125 which includes a light breakfast and lunch. Registration is free for current FPIC consortium members. Attendance is limited so interested parties are encouraged to register early via the contact shown above. Please visit www.msoe.edu/fpic for additional information.
About the FPIC: The FPIC debuted in 2017 and is a partnership with the National Fluid Power Association member companies and other stake-holders in the fluid power industry. Its more than 320 member companies include those that design and manufacture fluid power components and systems, system integrators, OEM’s, users and other organizations. The FPIC provides quarterly half-day technical seminars with a focus on the latest technological advances that provide solutions to overcoming challenges within the fluid power industry.
In 2017, seminar participants represented companies including: Argonne National Laboratory, Caterpillar, Exxon Mobil, John Deere, North American Die Casting Association, (NADCA) Oshkosh Corp, Parker Hannifin and Shell Global Solutions among others. Seminar topics are aligned with NFPA’s Fluid Power Technology and Manufacturing Roadmaps as well as topics recommended by the seminar participants. Future seminar dates and topics for 2018:
- June 1: “Advanced Hydraulic Fluids for Enhanced System Reliability”
- September 7: “Robotic Automation for Small Batch Manufacturing of Fluid Power Components”
- December 7: “Advanced Sealing Technologies and Materials for Improving System Reliability”
Consortium Membership benefits include;
- Access to the latest technology advances in fluid power vetted for no-sales pitch presented by industry professionals
- send up to four individuals to each of the quarterly seminars
- Association and networking with diverse industry representatives
- Interaction with MSOE’s Fluid Power Institute Technical Staff including engineers, researchers, undergraduate and graduate students
- Presentations are archived on a secure website for members to review at their convenience
- Professional Development Hours (PDH’s) or Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) awarded to participants upon request
- Member discount of 15% on MSOE’s Fluid Power Professional Education training programs
Specifics on how FPIC membership can benefit companies should be addressed to Tom Wanke, CFPE; Director, Fluid Power Industrial Consortium and Industry Relations; Milwaukee School of Engineering [email protected]; www.msoe.edu/fpic; (414) 277-7191. Interested parties are also encouraged to visit Wanke at MSOE and Tour the Fluid Power Institute’s research facilities.