Nexteer Automotive’s Digital Trace Manufacturing is trumpeted as one of the most advanced, holistic, integrative approaches to design and manufacturing systems ever seen in the auto industry. The system uses the latest technologies and data analytics within one common, global architecture.
Ultimately, Digital Trace Manufacturing helps engineers proactively confirm product quality early in the process, potentially eliminating the need for costly end-of-line testing. Methods and features include:
- Using a heat map to visually identify high-risk pallets in real time, allowing service personnel to proactively perform maintenance before an issue occurs
- Tracking and storing serial-number-specific data to measure performance along the manufacturing process
- Keeping a virtual "command center" to analyze the root causes of rejected parts and make quick, corrective actions
- Integrating databases that capture product information so that complete analysis and swift problem-solving are possible
- Implementing MES, which monitors and manages processes in real time across factory floors
In recognition of its leadership in manufacturing excellence, Nexteer earned a Frost & Sullivan's Manufacturing Leadership Award in 2017 in the Enterprise Technology Leadership category for its global implementation of advanced manufacturing and analysis technologies.
If you need more insights, pay a visit to Nexteer Automotive.