Renesas Electronics expands of its RX65N/RX651 Group of microcontrollers (MCUs) that address advanced security needs for connected devices operating in industrial automation, building automation, and smart metering systems. The expanded lineup features MCUs with integrated Trusted Secure IP, and enhanced, trusted flash functionality and human-machine interface (HMI) for industrial and network control systems.
The expansion of devices operating at the edge of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) has increased system manufacturers’ need for secure network connectivity and reliability, including secure on-the-go firmware updates. The expanded RX65N/RX651 devices support these evolving security and reprogrammability needs, offering integrated Trusted Secure IP, enhanced flash protection, and other technology advancements to create a secure and stable integrated solution far above others in the market, as proven by the Cryptographic Algorithm Validation (CAVP) certification. In turn, these security advancements enable seamless flash firmware updates in the field through secure network communications.
- Integrated Trusted Secure IP
- Protect encryption key by Trusted Secure IP
- Integration of encryption hardware accelerators including AES, 3DES, SHA, and TRNG as part of Trusted Secure IP
- Protect boot code by area of Flash
- The Trusted Secure IP received the CAVP certification, which ensures the customer will use a device with a high security level.
- Network connectivity and HMI features optimized for the IIoT
- Seamless in-the-field firmware updates
- Embedded drivers and portability through Firmware Integration Technology (FIT)
- FIT is a holistic concept that emphasizes the embedded peripheral function module drivers and
- Expanded RX ecosystem for increased design support
To jumpstart display designs, RX users can also leverage several ecosystem partner tools, including easy-to-use graphic user interface (GUI) tools. The expanded RX65N/RX651 MCUs, Renesas RX65N Starter Kit, and Envision Kit are available now.
For more information, contact Renesas Electronics Corporation