According to Persistence Market Research, a rise in burglaries and property crimes across the world in the past decade is driving the adoption of home security systems among consumers. Owing to the interoperability and ease of using do-it-yourself (DIY) home security solutions, demand is rising in both residential as well as commercial sectors. Increasing infrastructural developments around the globe are expected to boost the growth of the global DIY home security solution market expeditiously in the upcoming years.
Manufacturers are simplifying their designs and reducing the hassle of installation of home security systems to push the adoption rates to a higher level. By making use of advanced technologies, most of market players are managing to make it even simpler for consumers to build their own home security systems.
- Leading companies in the market include SAMSUNG SmartThings, SImpliSafe, Inc., iSmart Alarm, Inc., Piper (Icontrol Networks, Inc.), Abode Systems, Inc., LifeShield LLC, Nest Labs, Protect America, Inc., Frontpoint Security Solutions, and GetSafe.
- Samsung SmartThings announced a partnership with the ADT Corporation to provide DIY home security solutions
- SimpliSafe, Inc. established a partnership with IDEO to design a smaller and more intuitive DIY home security system
- Abode Systems, Inc., integrates Google Assistant after Amazon Alexa to their DIY home security solutions
- iSmart Alarm, Inc. adds the voice control feature to their DIY smart home security with the integration of Amazon Alexa
Considering the increasing popularity of the trend of connected home among consumers, manufacturers are adding more value to the home security systems to improve the compatibility of the system with other smart equipment. Manufacturers are pursuing opportunities to target smart or connected homes with the implementation of advanced technologies in the design of home security solutions. With the advantages of next-gen technological enhancements and easier installation modules in DIY home security systems, the global market for DIY home security solutions is likely to witness staggering growth in the foreseeable future.
Something to consider, with the advantages of next-gen technological enhancements and easier installation modules in DIY home security systems, these technologies will be easily accessible to consumers and those who wish to burglarize them. In other words, easy to learn and deploy equals easy to overcome and defeat. These factors will more likely be the reasons for the global market for DIY home security solutions to witness staggering growth in the foreseeable future.
For more details, checkout the Persistence Market Research study.