Maxim Integrated Products’ MAX98357 and MAX98358 digital-input Class D audio power amplifiers are said to achieve high efficiency in a compact, cost-efficient plug-and-play package. The amplifiers deliver 3.2W of Class AB audio performance and are suitable for a wide variety of applications.
The MAX98357 pulse-code modulation (PCM) and MAX98358 pulse-density modulation (PDM) plug-and-play speaker amplifiers reduce overall solution size by taking advantage of a clever pin-out and by significantly reducing the number of required components compared to typical analog amplifier designs. Features include:
- Superior audio quality: Highest dynamic range in its product category (103.5dB), best-in-class total harmonic distortion (THD) noise (0.013%), and excellent click-pop performance (-66dBV out of shutdown) via extensive click-pop reduction circuitry
- Cost-effective: Uses WLP with no expensive PCB VIAs required; Only one external component (bypass capacitor) and one supply voltage needed for most applications; Competing solutions require at least two external components as well as internal VIAs and two supply voltages
- Plug-and-Play simplicity: No programming required. Requires only a single power supply and auto configures for 35 different clocking configurations and 128 digital audio formats.
- Compact: Available in a tiny solution size (1.93mm2 WLP); Allows three gain levels with easy connection
- Highest Class D efficiency: Offers highest efficiency of 92% compared to competing solutions
Availability and Pricing