Teledyne DALSA expands is Genie Nano camera family with eight monochrome and color models built around SONY image sensors. They are reportedly the industry’s first 5-Gigabit GigE Vision cameras with resolutions from 3.2 Mpixels to 12 Mpixels with more models to follow before the end of the year, including a 5-Mpixel Polarized model. They also feature the 5GBASE-T link speed.
IEEE 802.3bz-2016 is the expanded standard for Ethernet over twisted pair copper wire at speeds of 2.5 Gbit/s and 5 Gbit/s. This creates intermediate speeds between existing standards 1-Gigabit Ethernet and 10-Gigabit Ethernet. The resulting standards are named 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T. 5GBASE-T technology allows Ethernet links to offer greater flexibility with new data rates of up to 5Gbps over commonly deployed Cat5e cabling. The technology boosts data throughput of up to 100 meters through twisted pair copper cabling.
Genie Nano cameras feature:
- Small footprint / lightweight; 59mm x 44mm x 32 mm
- Wide temperature range (-20 to 65°C) for imaging in harsh environments
- Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) or 12-36Volt on the auxiliary connector
- Default option: 2 Inputs / 3 outputs Opto-coupled on 10-pin connector
- Support 1 Gigabit, 2.5 Gigabit and 5 Gigabit Ethernet link speed.
- up to 10 Gbps of internal image acquisition
- Support for Teledyne DALSA TurboDrive v2.0 technology
For more information, visit Teledyne DALSA.