Winland Announces Wireless Environmental MonitorApril 4, 2008
The EnviroAlert EA800 lets you monitor up to 8 distinct sensors (4 wireless and 4 hardwired) and includes data logging.
MANKATO, MN /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Winland Electronics, Inc. (AMEX:WEX), a leading designer and manufacturer of custom electronic control products and systems, announced the release of its new EnviroAlert EA800 wireless environmental monitoring solution. The EnviroAlert EA800, which is part of the product family that also includes the EnviroAlert EA200 and EnviroAlert EA400, allows companies to monitor up to eight distinct sensors (four wireless and four hardwired) for critical environmental conditions including temperature, humidity, water and dry contacts. The product is being introduced globally at the ISC West Show in Las Vegas, April 2–4, and the CRS Show April 6–9 in Birmingham, England and will be available for shipment during April.
Jon Paradis, Winland's Director of Product and Market Development, commented, "The EnviroAlert EA800 includes leading-edge technology that will help organizations limit potential loss of inventory and/or capital equipment due to temperature extremes, water damage, humidity damage or power outages. The EnviroAlert EA800 possesses significant new features such as data logging, wireless sensors and 4–20 mA sensors, making it an ideal solution for food service organizations, convenience and grocery stores, greenhouses, commercial businesses, specialty retail stores, medical/pharmaceutical firms and residential applications."
Thomas de Petra, Winland's Interim Chief Executive Officer stated, "We are confident this product will open up new market opportunities for Winland in market verticals we have not previously served. After a significant development process, we believe the EnviroAlert EA800 provides a critical solution in the Environmental Monitoring marketplace."
Key features of the EA800 include:
- Ease of Use -- A graphical LCD display makes the unit easy to program and use with minimal end user training.
- Increased Functionality -- Wireless sensors include humidity, temperature and multi-function which will accept temperature, water, power and dry contacts. The wireless sensors make it easier to monitor difficult to reach areas.
- Expanded Zones -- The EA800 will accept 4 wireless sensor zones and 4 hardwired zones so your organization can quickly and easily monitor areas you were unable to monitor with wired sensor.
- Reduced Installation -- The EA800 wireless sensors will help reduce installation costs because the user will not have to run cables for installation.
- Data Logging -- Retrieve sensor data, event and alarm history.
- Data Download -- Transfer data from the EA800 base unit to a USB memory stick.
About Winland Electronics
Winland Electronics is an electronic manufacturing services (EMS) company, providing product development and manufacturing expertise and innovation for more than 20 years. Winland also markets environmental monitoring solutions for the security/industrial, food service/restaurant, medical, IT and consumer marketplace. Winland's Environmental solutions help end-users monitor temperature, humidity, water and other critical environments, notifying the users before damage has occurred to their critical assets. Winland Electronics is based in Mankato, MN.
Most Read Articles