New SPECTRO XEPOS Spectrometers Redefine ED-XRF With Exceptional New Levels of Elemental Analysis PerformanceJanuary 22, 2016
Kleve, Germany — SPECTRO Analytical Instruments has announced its new line of SPECTRO XEPOS spectrometers, representing a quantum leap in energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence (ED-XRF) technology and providing breakthrough advances in the multi-elemental analysis of major, minor, and trace element concentrations.
New developments in excitation and detection introduced with the new SPECTRO XEPOS ED-XRF spectrometers deliver outstanding sensitivity and detection limits and yield remarkable gains in precision and accuracy. The analyzers excel at critical tasks from rapid screening elemental analysis for environmental and waste sampling to demanding applications in research, academia, and geological science. They support precise product quality control at-line for a variety of applications such as chemical and petrochemical production, and the manufacture of cement, cosmetics, food, pharmaceuticals, and more.
The new line of SPECTRO XEPOS spectrometers features:
• Spectacular sensitivity: Innovations in adaptive excitation plus tube and detector technologies that dramatically improve sensitivity to boost precision, realize significantly lower detection levels, and deliver a fast and accurate analysis of a wide range of elements, from sodium to uranium. Enhanced with new high-count detector and tube designs, new sensitivity, and minimized backgrounds, the new analyzers’ proprietary adaptive excitation technology enables exceptionally low limits of detection (LODs) for a wide range of elements.
• Unparalleled precision: Unlike most ED-XRF elemental analyzers, the X-ray tubes in SPECTRO XEPOS spectrometers remain powered on between measurements to prevent on/off variations from affecting readings. This ensures long-term stability, realizes an exceptionally high degree of precision in elemental analysis — up to 3 better than before, and delivers substantially improved analytical accuracy for concentrations from trace elements to major components.
• Faster measurements: For operators who require speed more than utmost precision, SPECTRO XEPOS analyzers can dramatically cut measurement times, while still maintaining precision levels comparable to traditional ED-XRF spectrometers. The system’s high speed helps to achieve analyses of most samples within a few minutes.
• Redesigned operating software provides proven ease and power, while the unique new TurboQuant II software quickly and accurately analyzes practically any unknown liquid, powder, or solid sample.
• In addition, the new SPECTRO XEPOS spectrometers exhibit a significantly lower cost of ownership than wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WD-XRF) spectrometers — thus delivering WD performance at an ED price for many applications.
• Optional AMECARE M2M (machine-to-machine) support extends the new analyzers’ self-diagnostic functions with proactive alerts, backed up by direct connection with a remote SPECTRO service expert’s PC.
The new line of SPECTRO XEPOS ED-XRF spectrometers is available immediately from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments. Four advanced versions are available, enabling users to prioritize their selection according to measurement speed, ultimate precision, or groups of targeted elements in specific matrices.
For more information, visit http://www.spectro.com/xepos
Most Read Articles