OP Innovations Introduces the ReLax KitJuly 30, 2013
The ultra-compact biosensor and app provide bio-tracking by monitoring brain waves, facial muscle tension, and body posture, allowing users to gain control over stress.
TAIPEI /PRNewswire/ -- OP Innovations is pleased to introduce the ReLax Kit. Capable of monitoring users' brain waves, body posture, and more, the ReLax Kit provides advanced bio-signal tracking, so users can monitor and manage their stress levels. With it's ultra-compact bio-sensor and easy-to-use app, the kit can help users gain control over stress.
The ReLax Kit is geared toward people who are trying to gauge their stress levels in a simplified and visual form, such as students, office workers, and yoga and meditation enthusiasts. The ReLax Kit's versatile biosensor can monitor facial muscle tension, body posture, and brain waves throughout the day, during sleep and meditation. Meanwhile, the kit's app can display compiled brain wave and facial muscle wave data in an easy-to-read color-coded graph. With a glance at the graph, users can quickly determine their level of stress. Over time, users can learn to control or influence the output toward a desired direction. The ReLax Kit's app can also display a visual history of a user's body posture, raising poor posture awareness, which is especially important in today's sedentary world.
Included in the ReLax Kit is the advanced TrueSense biosensor. Weighing roughly the same as a 1 cent coin (3 g), users will forget they're even wearing it. Unlike many "quantitative self" devices, the TrueSense biosensor can distinguish brain waves from muscle waves, and is even able to individually track the different classifications of brain waves, from super beta to delta waves, giving users an in-depth look at their mental state. On a single charge, the TrueSense biosensor can provide over 16 hr. of real-time wireless bio-feedback tracking.
Price and Availability
The ReLax Kit is available for preorder for $47.00 online. It includes the ReLax App, a TrueSense bio-sensor, and accompying accessories, and is capable of monitoring brain wave and posture data in real time. OP Innovations has also developed two additional kits that use the remarkable capabilities of the TrueSense biosensor:
- The Special Edition ReLax Science Kit is designed for science education, and is perfect for high school and college students conducting experiments regarding brain waves. Thanks to the downloadable ReLax app and the "Science Learning" booklet, users can conduct science experiments and begin understanding data within minutes. The ReLax Science Kit is available for preorder online.
- The TrueSense Exploration Kit is the most advanced and versatile of the kits, and can be used for research and in-depth tracking. To encourage independent development, data streams and data sets are available in Open Format, and the OPI console and SDK (software development kit) are available with open source licenses. The TrueSense Exploration Kit is now available online.
Exploration Kit Technical Specifications
- 2-electrode (bipolar) signal acquisition, 2000X high gain amplifier
- 512 Hz sampling rate, 13-bit effective dynamic range
- Built-in 3D (XYZ) accelerometer for motion and posture capturing
- Rechargeable LIR1220 button cell
- Support for multiple sensors, multiple controllers, and time synchronized operations
About OP Innovations
OP Innovations is dedicated to the development of open data, open source, cost-effective, ultra-compact, and ultra-low power do-it-yourself (DIY) consumer biosensor input kits. OP Innovations strives to enable ordinary people to explore and understand the marvelous miracles of themselves. By leveraging semiconductor technology and advanced low power techniques, OP Innovations provides affordable, compact devices and user-friendly DIY toolsets to encourage new software and application development.
Most Read Articles