OIS-AT Launches Industry's First True 3D Avian (BIRD) RadarFebruary 5, 2014
NEW DELHI -- OIS AdvancedTechnology (OIS-AT)an Indian company, launched industry's first 3D Avian (Bird) Radar System that has been designed, developed, and manufactured by it. The 3D Avian (Bird) Radar's Intellectual Property is owned by OIS-AT and is being marketed domestically and globally.
"We are very proud to present industry's first 3D Bird Radar system and even prouder to have developed it using our own technology. Traditionally,maritime radars were adapted for this purposebut did not prove to be very effective. So in that sense, this is an industry breakthrough. Moreover our 3D Avian (Bird) Radar System has transportable and fixed version, meeting the needs of most airports," said Sanjay Bhandari, Chairman and Managing Director, OIS Advanced Technology.
3D Avian (Bird) Radar System provides complete information essential for flight safety - altitude, position and vector of birds over the entire airport space and has a host of features which include:
• Detection range (max): 11 km;
• Operating temperature range: -20C to +55C;
• 360 degrees Azimuth coverage with sector blanking option;
• Ability to pin point precise bird location;
• Operation height : 10,000 ft
• Sustainable wind speed of 100 kmph enables risk and habitat assessment
• Avian radars help in locating, tracking and monitoring of birds that congregate on the large tracts of unused land, used as noise and safety buffers at civilian and military airports.
More information available at http://www.ois-at.com
Most Read Articles