Securing Remote and Distributed OfficesJune 13, 2006
NFR Security provides network management services and real-time threat protection for communications.
ROCKVILLE, Md. /BUSINESS WIRE/ -- NFR Security, Inc., a leader in real-time threat protection, announced the addition of two new affordable, low-end security sensors to its family of Sentivist Smart Sensors. The Smart Sensor 20 and the Smart Sensor 50 deliver 20 Mbps and 50 Mbps inline data rates, respectively, and address the demand for enterprise-class security at remote office locations. Part of the award-winning NFR Sentivist IPS family, these sensors deliver all the benefits of the Sentivist product family, including dynamic shielding and centralized management, with lights-out remote-office system management facilities, a key requirement for managing security in massively distributed enterprise networks.
"With the increase of open communications between distributed offices, branch offices, and remote locations, enterprises can expect increased risk of security breaches unless all distributed locations are secure," said Chris Liebert, senior analyst, security solutions & services for Yankee Group. "Vendors like NFR Security ensure security protection for these distributed environments for small to large-scale enterprises, at price points that aren't too difficult to swallow."
As part of the NFR Sentivist Real-Time Threat Protection product family, the new Sentivist Smart Sensor 20 and Smart Sensor 50 deliver all the security function and management facilities that make networks—and the organization—more secure while simplifying the job of managing security.
"Remote offices are equally as vulnerable to security threats as the corporate office, but more importantly, if left unprotected, they can serve as the access point to launch attacks on the corporate network," said Andre Yee, president and CEO of NFR Security. "With our SS20 and SS50 appliances, our customers can protect their remote offices with the same enterprise-class security function they use to protect multi-gigabit locations in their corporate networks—but at a far lower price."
Smart Sensor 20 and 50 security functionality and management facilities include:
- Real-Time Threat Protection. Sentivist features the dynamic shielding architecture, which has the ability to automatically recognize attack threat points, such as critical vulnerabilities and changes to the network, and dynamically protect the threat points by alerting the security manager to their existence, as well as automatically deploying the proper signature sets to the threat points before the inevitable attacks occur.
- Network Intelligence Information. Security managers can quickly assess threat points and plan remediation strategies with Sentivist, which correlates and graphically displays current threat-point information, including critical vulnerabilities. The vulnerabilities can be ranked by severity, impact, or application in real time. This powerful capability allows security managers direct insight and control over network and security activities throughout their enterprise network, including at their remote office locations.
- Situational Awareness and Control. Sentivist provides real-time, graphical threat-point and attack information, which gives security managers a broad view of network vulnerabilities and attack events, including at remote office locations. Simple point-and-click actions let the security manager focus on specific, suspicious events to monitor the source's activity and potentially take action, providing the ultimate in situational awareness and control.
- Layers of Security. Sentivist Smart Sensors delivers robust security functions, including IDS, IPS, FW, dynamic shielding, IM, VoIP, and P2P, among others, all in one appliance and managed from a single user interface.
- Hybrid Detection Engine. Smart Sensors leverage multiple detection and analysis techniques, including vulnerability signatures, exploit signatures, anomaly detection, protocol analysis, stateful, deep-packet inspection, "Smart IP Reassembly", OS and application fingerprinting, multi-element correlation, and dynamic worm mitigation.
- Extreme Usability. Sentivist offers a broad set of usability features, such as a new wizard-driven approach to implementation and policy management, enhanced reporting features, and the ability for security managers to tap directly into NFR Security's renowned rapid response signature team to receive protection against the latest threats.
"Our Smart Sensor 20 and Smart Sensor 50 products deliver enterprise-class network protection with simple, out-of-the-box manageability, but at a price that is affordable for remote office and departmental use," continued Yee. "With performance ranges from 20 Mbps to 10 Gbps, we are now able to offer our customers one of the industry's broadest sensor product lines to better match their critical needs."
NFR Security's Sentivist Smart Sensor 20 and Smart Sensor 50 intrusion prevention offerings are available immediately. Pricing starts at $3,000. Please contact NFR Security at 1-800-234-4079 for more information.
About NFR Security, Inc.
NFR Security is a leading provider of Real-Time Threat Protection systems that secure business networks against the four primary threat points of today: automated malware, information leakage, vulnerability windows, and unsanctioned network changes. Uniquely combining its hybrid detection engine and dynamic shielding architecture, NFR Security delivers highly accurate protection through inline prevention and automation against real time threats. NFR Security serve customers worldwide in corporate enterprises, government agencies, service providers, and academic institutions through an extensive worldwide network of channel partners and direct sales. NFR Security is headquartered in Rockville, MD. Additional information about NFR Security can be found at the company's Web site or by calling 1-800-234-4079.
Most Read Articles