Research on Worldwide MEMS MarketOctober 15, 2007
ReportLinker's new report examines the high-performances MEMS markets for automotive, medical, industrial, aeronautic and defense applications.
LYON, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report, High performance MEMS for Automotive, Medical, Industrial, Aeronautic and Defense applications, related to the worldwide microelectronics industry is now available to its catalogue.
If you wish to get more information on this report, then send an e-mail to Nicolas Bombourg, at email@example.com.
The high performance MEMS market is expected to achieve a 5% annual growth rate on the 2006–2011 period. Today, it already represents over $1B value market.
High performance inertial MEMS applications are fragmented and thus offer numerous business opportunities for a large set of players (for example product development programs are very dynamic).
Accelerometers and gyroscopes are established components of the automotive, aeronautic and defense area. High volume of automotive applications is contrasting with defense and aeronautic fields where fewer units are sold but with a higher added value. It is similar for high performance MEMS for medical & industrial (small volume, fragmented applications?).
The high performance inertial MEMS field nowadays follows three main market dynamics:
- Entry of new players: Siemens VDO and Infineon have announced their plan to enter the components market for the Electronic Stability Control application. Recent achievements of new 10°/hr. grade MEMS gyroscopes open new possibilities of development for the aeronautic and defense fields. European companies could become key challengers of the UAV or guided munitions markets, for example.
- Consolidation: the acquisition of Motorola Automotive by Continental last year is highlighting the interest of Tier 1 suppliers in sensor manufacturing.
- Diversification strategies: for instance, the slow down of the inertial components demand for automotive that has happened in North America, demonstrates the importance of succeeding in industrial and consumer markets (e.g., VTI).
An accurate market segmentation to identify new business opportunities
Each application field is detailed (market, technology, players)
- Global market evaluation of inertial MEMS applications: component volume in M units, Average Single Price (ASP), and 2006-2011 value forecasts and business trends.
- Description of technologies and products: product specifications, technological trends.
- Evaluation of major players market share and potential new entrants.
This exhaustive report:
- Is a source of information on inertial MEMS.
- Provides you an in-depth look of major drivers and hurdles.
- Analyses the future trends that shape the market in the coming years.
- Delves into the main issues of inertial MEMS research & development and precise your market strategy accordingly.
Get answers to the following questions:
- What is the market segmentation of consumer inertial MEMS devices?
- Where is the market today and what will be its evolution in the next 5 years?
- What are the market drivers and main issues per technology or application?
- What are the key players in consumer electronics markets?
- What are the evolution scenarios of the MEMS inertial industry: New players entry, consolidation, diversification strategies?
Analog Devices, Bosch Sensortec, Citizen, Freescale, Fujitsu, Fuji Electric, Fuji, Hitachi Metals, Hokuriku Denko, HSG-IMIT, Infineon, Invensense, Kionix, Micro Infinity, Mitsubishi, Murata, Samsung, SONY, STMicroelectronics, VTI, Alps, Autoliv, BAE, Bosch, Colibrys, Continental, CSRI Elektroprobor, Dalsa, Delphi, Denso, ELOP, Endevco, Epson Toyocom, Honda, Honeywell, Hughes, Imego, Innovative Micro Technology, JPL/Boeing, Kearfott, L-3 Com/IEC, Litef, Measurement, Specialties, Melexis, MEMSIC, MemsSense, Microfabrica, Microsensors, Microstone, NEC, Northrop Grumman, OKI, OMRON, Panasonic, Pioneer, Rafael, Sagem, Sensor Dynamics, Silicon Design, SMI, SSS, Switech / Micro Components, Systron Donner Automotive, Systron Donner Inertial, TEL, Temic, Thales Avionics, Tokymec, Toyota, Tronic's, X-FAB, Yamaha.
Table of contents
Automotive, medical, industrial, aeronautic and defence applications
- Introduction, Executive summary, Methodology
- Overview of MEMS markets and importance of the inertial sensor business
- Analysis and forecast of the applications and markets
1 - Each application is detailed as follows:
- Market volume, ASP and value 2006-2011
- MEMS manufacturers land market share
- MEMS integrators and market dynamic
- Technological trends
- Business trends
2 - Analysis of the automotive sector
- Accelerometer applications Airbag sensor, active suspension, ESC acceleration sensor, roll over sensing, EPB, GPS (Altitude), vibration monitoring, TPMS, safety related testing
- Gyroscope applications Roll over, ESC gyroscope , GPS localization
3 - Analysis of the aeronautic and defense sector
- Accelerometer applications - Munition & missile guidance, aeronautic instruments & INS.
- Gyroscope applications - Stand-by instruments, general aviation instruments, UAVs flight control, flight control for helicopters and aircraft, antenna stabilization, naval vessel roll control, land transportation platform stabilization, short range tactical missiles, smart ammunition, land navigation for soldiers and vehicles
4 - Analysis of the medical sector
- Accelerometer applications - Pacemaker & blood pressure measurements
- Gyroscope applications Human motion analysis & wheel chair stabilization
5 - Analysis of the industrial sector
- Accelerometer applications - Seismic geophones & other industrial applications
- Gyroscope applications - Human motion analysis & wheel chair stabilization
6 - New emerging applications
- Analysis of the strategies of the major players
- Impact of the consumer field for the MEMS manufacturers
- What are the next steps of the industry?
Most Read Articles