Research and Markets Releases Report on Automotive ElectronicsOctober 13, 2008
The study examines the under-the-hood electronic systems industry, projecting revenues will grow at a CAGR of almost 6% from 2007 to 2015, with the highest growth forecast for body systems.
DUBLIN, Ireland /BUSINESS WIRE/ -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Automotive Under-the-hood Electronic Systems" report to their offering.
For the past 20 years, automotive has proved one of the most stable and consistent growth sectors for suppliers of electronics. Environmental and safety legislation, along with consumer's growing expectations for enhanced comfort, communications, and entertainment, will dictate an on-going trend for increased electronic content in automobiles for at least the next 15–20 years.
The study provides analysis of global and regional market trends for 32 under-the-hood automotive electronic systems, with forecasts to 2015. Under-the-hood systems comprise body, chassis, powertrain, safety, and security systems. For further information on the market for automotive entertainment systems, such as audio, navigation, and telematics, please refer to the report "Automotive Entertainment Systems—2008 Edition," published November 2007.
Key Point Conclusions
- Global light vehicle production is forecast to grow from 67.4 million in 2007 to 80.3 million in 2015. North America and West Europe are forecast to remain the two largest light vehicle production regions over the period to 2015.
- Revenues for under-the-hood automotive electronics are forecast to grow at a CAGR of almost 6% from 2007 to 2015. Highest revenue growth is forecast for body systems.
- West Europe is forecast to remain the largest region for under-the-hood automotive electronics over the period to 2015 and to record the highest revenue growth. However its share of the world market is forecast to remain flat.
- Fastest revenue growth is forecast for China, at a CAGR approaching 15%. China's proportion of the global under-the-hood automotive electronics market is forecast to double over the period to 2015.
Under-the-Hood Automotive Electronic Systems
The key features of the study include:
- Coverage of 32 under-the-hood automotive electronic systems, comprising body, chassis, powertrain, safety, and security systems.
- Analysis of market trends for each system in eight geographic regions: North America, West Europe, Japan, China, South Korea, East Europe, South America and South Asia, Middle East, and Africa.
- Analysis of system installation rates, units, and electronics ASP for each system, in each region. Base year is 2006, with forecasts to 2015.
- Regional analysis of light vehicle production volumes and light vehicle maker market share estimates for 2007.
- Highly quantitative analysis, with discussion summarized in short, easy to read bullet points.
Most Read Articles