PerkinElmer Intros IR Sensing, Photon Detection ProductsMay 27, 2009
The four new products are designed for critical environmental and human health applications and will be showcased at the Sensor + Test Fair.
NÜRNBERG, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE) -- PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, announced the introduction of four new products leveraging the Company's innovative infrared sensing (IR) and photon detection technologies. Aimed at a range of OEM applications including energy conservation, enhanced home security, and clinical diagnostics applications, the new products will be showcased at the 16th annual Sensor + Test Fair taking place this week in Nürnberg, Germany.
New product and conference highlights will include:
- Cool Eye Thermopile Line Array, designed for energy conservation and indoor climate control in today's greener, smarter appliances. The new thermopile line array detector utilizes PerkinElmer's IR sensing technology and provides energy savings of up to 30 percent for today's HVAC applications.
- "Smart" DigiPyro, PYD 1096, designed for safety and security applications. The new smart DigiPyro is a novel, dual-element pyrodetector offering enhanced signal processing functionalities to streamline OEMs' integration.
- "Mini" DigiPyro, PYD 5731, a miniaturized version of the first digital pyrodetector (PYD 1988), designed for space-constrained safety and security applications.
- Gigahertz Photon Detection Module (GPDM), designed for analytical and clinical diagnostic applications under low light level conditions. The new GPDM delivers the highest dynamic range available in a single operating mode and very low noise.
- The unveiling of a new study quantifying the impact of PerkinElmer sensor technology on preventing loss of life and property.
"PerkinElmer's product introductions at Sensor + Test 2009 leverage our core technology expertise in infrared sensing and photon detection technologies, and demonstrate our focus on OEM solutions that contribute to a healthier, cleaner, and safer tomorrow," said Michael Ersoni, vice president and general manager of PerkinElmer global detection business. "We believe that PerkinElmer's recent detector innovations are giving OEMs the design advantages they require for aggressively competing in today's fast-moving markets."
PerkinElmer will exhibit its new detection products at Hall 12, Stand No. 12-638 at Sensor + Test 2009 which takes place May 26–28 in Nürnberg, Germany.
Additionally, the Company will present a paper entitled, "New Channel Photomultiplier CPM Electronic Module Enables Fluorescence and Luminescence Measurement over Nine Decades including Single Photon Detection" on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 from 11:05 to 11:25 in CCN West, Room Amsterdam. The paper is part of OPTO 2009, running concurrently with the Sensor + Test exhibition.
PerkinElmer is a leading innovator in infrared sensing and photon detection technologies for a range of OEM applications that contribute to a healthier, cleaner and safer tomorrow.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $2 billion in 2008, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index.
Most Read Articles