2009 Automotive News PACE Awards to Eleven SuppliersApril 22, 2009
The awards honor the various automotive suppliers for outstanding innovations.
DETROIT, MI /PRNewswire/ -- Eleven automotive suppliers won 2009 Automotive News PACE Awards for innovation during a black tie ceremony on Monday night at the Max M. Fisher Music Center in Detroit, MI. Two automotive manufacturers were also honored during the program with Automotive News PACE Innovation Partnership Awards.
The 15th annual awards program for innovation honor suppliers that contribute products, processes, capital equipment, information technology or services directly to the manufacture of cars or trucks worldwide. The prestigious PACE (Premier Automotive Suppliers' Contribution to Excellence) Award is presented by Automotive News, Ernst & Young LLP and Transportation Research Center Inc. (TRC Inc.).
Selected from among 25 finalists, the 2009 PACE Award winners, by category, are:
Product–Innovations in new products or components or systems that have significant market impact and act as "game changers" in the automotive industry:
- BorgWarner Morse TEC, Inc., Auburn Hills, MI., Morse TEC CTA camshaft phasing system
- Eaton Corp., Supercharger Division, Marshall, MI. - Eaton Twin Vortices Supercharger (TVS)
- Futuris Automotive Interiors, Troy, MI, Tufted PET Carpet
- Magna Mirrors, Troy, , MI, BlindZone Mirror
Product-Europe: As above, but for innovations that are developed and first commercialized in Europe:
- BorgWarner BERU Systems, Auburn Hills, MI, and Ludwigsburg, Germany, Pressure sensor glow plug (PSG) for diesel engines
- LuK GmbH & Co., Buehl, Germany, LuK double clutch for double clutchtransmissions
- TI Automotive, Auburn Hills, MI, TI automotive saddle-shaped PZEV plastic fuel tank
Manufacturing Process & Capital Equipment-Innovations involving game-changing processes (manufacturing or business) or innovative capital equipment that support the automotive supply chain or manufacturing processes.
- Alcoa Transportation Products, Soest, Germany, Alcoa's vacuum die casting (avdc) for lightweight door assemblies
- Henkel Corp., Madison Heights, MI, Bonderite TecTalis
Information Technology & Services-Innovations in the design and implementation of information systems solutions that enable companies to improve operational performance or for services and delivery of services:
- Dassault Systemes-DELMIA Corp., Auburn Hills, , DELMIA Automation
- Microsoft Corp., Redmond, WA, Microsoft Auto
The Automotive News PACE Awards are a "chance to celebrate outstanding achievement during a time of unprecedented challenge," said Keith Crain, Automotive News publisher and editor-in-chief, during the ceremony, noting that the program salutes the "inspiration and the optimism these innovations create for the future of this resilient industry."
Automotive manufacturers receiving Automotive News PACE Innovation Partnership Awards during last evening's ceremonies were:
- Ford Motor Co. for its partnership on Morse TEC CTA camshaft phasing system with BorgWarner Morse TEC, Inc.;
- General Motors for its partnership on Tufted PET Carpet with Futuris Automotive Interiors
Innovation Partnership Award winners were selected by Automotive News PACE Award judges from the pool of 2009 finalists.
PACE Award winners were chosen following a thorough review of written submissions from each supplier and site visits by a panel of judges, drawn from among industry, academic and business leaders.
About Automotive News
Automotive News, a trusted brand in the automotive industry for more than 80 years, serves the North American auto industry. With a 100% paid circulation of more than 70,000 subscribers, it provides in-depth coverage of the industry and is written for automakers, dealers and suppliers. This unsurpassed industry coverage is complemented by the online product www.autonews.com, e-mail newsletters, breaking news alerts, webinars, a daily newscast and a myriad of conferences and events that provide the most up-to-date auto industry information.
Most Read Articles