W4: Strategies for Global Deployments of Wireless Sensors
Speaker | Kelly Lewis | Technology Director | Monnit
June 25, 2014 | 2:40pm - 3:20pm
Learn various options and key considerations when defining a wireless strategy for remote-monitored sensor and control solutions that may be used around the world. Be it WiFi, Zigbee, 802.15.4, or other platforms, we will learn from real-world examples of some of the best build-versus-buy considerations. This session explores how frequency, power, antenna and other key design criteria determine the inevitable success or failure of wirelessly enabling a sensor project.
Attendees will learn:
- The basics of wireless integration into sensor solutions
- Key standards and global market variables that should always be considered when integrating wireless with sensors.
- Certifications, partnerships, manufacturing and support issues of global wireless sensors offerings.
- Examples of how real world projects such as industrial factory, fleet, and environmental monitoring were successfully designed, developed, and deployed.
- Extensive discussion on the options to build or buy RF (wireless) integration into wireless sensor monitoring and/or control solutions.