M2M4: Hack Your IoT Device with Cellular Data Networks and Open Source Development Platform
This session will discuss the following topics:
· What does cellular connectivity add to the equation?
· Considerations when developing a cellular-enabled product
· Getting your device to market: Where to start?
· To embed or not to embed? The advantages of a multi-pronged approach
· Understanding the carrier certification process - expect the unexpected
· Standing on the shoulders of others: Leveraging existing cellular development kits and open-source software/hardware ecosystems
During the presentation, Drew Barbier from Arm will be discussing an example of a pre-integrated , multi-vendor, cellular M2M device development platform along with an open-source software development environment.