2014 Awards Ceremony • June 26 at 9:30 a.m. • Sensors Live Theater
Sensors announced the magazine's 2014 "Best of Sensors Expo" Awards for outstanding achievement onsite at Sensors Expo & Conference 2013. The awards were presented by Executive Editor Mat Dirjish in the Sensors Live Theater on the Expo Floor.
Engineering Team of the Year Award:
- MicroGen Systems, SoftMEMS, Open Engineering, CorSolutions, Deep Run Design, X-FAB MEMS Foundry GmbH and MicroNit Microfluidics
- Gold Award: VERASENSE Knee System from OrthoSensor, Inc.
- Silver Award: EchoPlus Wireless Junction Box from IMI Sensors
- Bronze Award: ADuCM350 high-precision, low-power meter-on-a-chip from Analog Devices
- Honorable Mention Award: Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion for Kinetics MCU’s from Freescale Semiconductor Sensor Solutions Division
- Gold Award: AG- SL900A EPC Sensor Tag and Data Logger IC from ams AG
- Silver Award: 3DM-GX4-25 Sensor, Model 6234-4220 from LORD MicroStrain
- Bronze Award: FXLC9000CL: Xtrinsic Intelligent Motion-Sensing Platform (Model FXL-95000CL) from Freescale
- Honorable Mention: M12LCP Thermocouple Probes With High Temperature M12 Molded Connectors from Omega Engineering
- Honorable Mention: Endevco Model 7253D Triaxial ISOTRON Acceleromete from Meggitt Sensing Systems Measurement Group
Rising Star Award:
- Raj Bridgelall, Program Director, Center for SMARTse, North Dakota State University
To read about coverage of the awards on sensorsmag.com, click here.
The 2015 Award Nomination process will be live next February. Stay tuned to sensorsmag.com/bose for additional details.
What Is a Best of Sensors Expo Award?
These awards will focus on applications and innovations in the world of sensors, as well as excellence among engineers. Awards are presented in the following categories:
Innovation Award: This award seeks to recognize advances in sensor and sensor-related technologies, either in the form of novel technologies or as significant improvements in existing technologies. Nominated technologies should meet the requirement for distinctiveness, potential impact, and application.
Application Award: This award is for sensor applications, whether commercial or experimental. The goal is to recognize sensor use in the wider world. Nominated applications should use sensors, must be distinctive, must have the potential to change the way people work, and must serve a real need.
Engineers of the Year Award: Intended to recognize engineering teams working within the sensor industry. Winners must have provided an outstanding contribution to the sensors industry, either through the development of sensor technology or by its application to address real-world problems.
Rising Star Award: Intended to recognize a young engineer who is active within the sensors industry and has already contributed to advancing sensor technology or sensor applications.
What the Winners Get
When you or your product is selected for a Best of Sensors Expo Award, you will receive:
Complimentary Main Conference Pass to attend Sensors Expo & Conference 2015 (valued at $899)
A distinguished Best of Sensors Expo 2014 award to display in your booth and/or place of business
Exclusive use of the Best of Sensors Expo Award Winner logo for one year
Inclusion in a press release announcing all of the year's winners and accomplishments
Press release template for your distribution
Plus, your Best of Sensors Expo achievement will be announced to the industry via:
Coverage on Sensors' Web site www.sensorsmag.com
A banner ad on the Sensors home page