Sierra Monitor Introduces IR Combustible Gas SensorJune 28, 2011
The 5100-28-IT IR combustible gas sensor module includes a HART interface.
MILPITAS, CA -- Sierra Monitor Corp. proudly announces that the Model 5100-28-IT, the best-of-class infrared Combustible Gas Sensor Module, now includes HART interface. The 5100-28-IT is truly network enabled, meeting user's and integrator's needs to communication with any plant-wide control and monitoring system.
HART (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) is a global bi-directional communication protocol standard for sending and receiving digital information across analog wires between smart field devices and host control or monitoring systems. The host can be any software application from a technician's hand-held device or laptop to a plant's process control, Asset management, safety or other system using any control platform. The HART protocol used on the Sierra Monitor IR Combustibles Gas Sensor Module has been developed to fully comply with the HART specifications outlined by the HART Communication Foundation.
The 5100-28-IT sensor module now provides interface via HART or 4–20 mA, Modbus RS-485 or Sierra Monitor's proprietary Sentry bus. The 5100-28-IT is a standalone module loaded with the features required to provide the due diligence expected in hazardous areas including:
- Long term calibration interval for reduced maintenance costs
- FM approved for performance and area safety requirements including Group B
- SIL Certified
- Fastest response time, highest accuracy, and specifications unmatched in the industry.
- Integral scrolling LED with magnet operated menu for display of gas status and easy, non-intrusive calibration
- Isolated 4-20mA, Modbus RTU, HART and Sentry digital bus output to meet specific application communications requirements
- Integral alarm relays may be supplemented by higher amperage control relays in the same enclosure
About Sierra Monitor
Sierra Monitor Corp. manufactures and integrates hazardous gas monitoring systems for industrial safety applications. With more than 30 years experience and over 17,000 installations of fixed gas monitoring systems Sierra Monitor is a technology leader in the industry. Sierra Monitor's accomplishments include the first digital bi-directional multi-drop communication bus between sensors and controller, the first serial Modbus communication output for plant-wide systems, the first interface to third party legacy sensors and devices and the first cost-effective web-based graphical system for monitoring plant-wide hazardous gas conditions.
Most Read Articles