ZigBee Alliance Leads the Way To Smarter, More Efficient Homes, Buildings and Lighting Systems at Light + Building 2016March 11, 2016
The ZigBee Alliance announces it will be joined by 60 member companies at the Light + Building 2016 conference. In both the ZigBee Alliance booth (Hall 9.0, Booth C89) and their own presence throughout the conference, ZigBee Alliance members will be showcasing a broad range of interoperable solutions for home and building automation and lighting. The ZigBee Alliance will also highlight its ZigBee 3.0 solution that unifies the IoT through standardization and interoperability at all layers of the network, and will soon bring the most widely deployed energy-harvesting technology to the 2.4GHz global consumer frequency band through a collaboration with the EnOcean Alliance.
Because existing ZigBee Home Automation and ZigBee Light Link standards for smart homes and buildings are forward compatible with ZigBee 3.0, there are already several hundred certified devices that are immediately part of the ZigBee 3.0 ecosystem. Many of these will be on display from Light + Building.
Featured products within the ZigBee Alliance booth will include:
• Digi International: The company will show its newly updated ZigBee through-hole module, award-winning XBee® ZigBee Cloud Kit, and newly released XBee® ZigBee Mesh Kit.
• EnerBee: The company’s ground-breaking micro generator uses the power of motion to eliminate batteries in consumer and industrial smart objects. EnerBee aims to commercialize its first product at the end of 2016 – a battery-less and wireless dimmer for the mainstream market that uses ZigBee 3.0 technology and can be implemented with a wide range of smart light bulbs and solutions.
• GreenPeak Technologies: The company will show its GP651 IoT connectivity solution designed specifically for LED lighting technologies. The inexpensive, small-footprint solution supports LED lights with up to 4 color channels, across a range of different wireless IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee Alliance connectivity protocols.
• Jiuzhou Greeble: Greeble will show reliable and affordable ZigBee-based lighting products designed for consumers, and demonstrate how they work in a smart home application.
• MMB Networks: MMB will showcase its family of ZigBee-based hardware, including wireless modules, bridges, gateways, and lighting-specific solutions, all powered by MMB’s RapidConnect interoperability software. RapidConnect is an embedded application that simplifies product development, dramatically reduces time-to-market, and gives IoT devices robust, real-world networking with interoperability across major commercial, lighting and connected home platforms.
• Murata: Murata will show its latest modules based on ZigBee-based technology that enable wireless smart lighting systems to provide comfort and energy savings. They’ll also present the Murata mini-gateway (SHGC200), one of the smallest gateway systems in the world for home and smart building automation, running embedded Linux with WLAN, Ethernet and ZigBee Alliance standards capabilities.
• Philips: Philips Lighting will demonstrate its ZigBee Light Link certified interoperable connected lighting solutions by means of the Hue personal wireless lighting system.
• Ubisys: Center stage at the ubisys display will be the ZigBee/Ethernet Gateway G1 with its accompanying smart phone apps. G1 is a fully-fledged Smart Home Hub with local processing capabilities – resilient to Internet connectivity issues and server outages. In addition, they will show universal dimmers, dual-channel switch actuators and window blind controllers – all equipped with built-in metering and fully supporting ZigBee Green Power in a mixed setup with third-party ZigBee-based products. In support of the ZigBee Alliance and EnOcean Alliance liaison, ubisys will demonstrate EnOcean’s energy-harvesting switches controlling ubisys ZigBee devices.
These and other products from Bega, Centralite, Feibit and Legrand will also be part of a device interoperability display produced by Alliance member DSR Corporation’s IoTicity™ portfolio of products and services. DSR’s ZigBee-based stack, cloud and mobile apps, tools and utilities provide a complete solution set for ZigBee-certified applications development. Visit the DSR interoperability wall and additional ZigBee Alliance members and products within the ZigBee Alliance Pavilion March 13-18, 2016 in Hall 9.0, Booth C89.
More information about the ZigBee Alliance and membership opportunities is available at http://www.zigbee.org/zigbeealliance/join
Most Read Articles