Rajant Expands Family of Mesh Network NodesSeptember 13, 2012
The new BreadCrumb ME4 ruggedized broadband node supports two radios, including 802.11a/b/g/n, to create fully mobile kinetic mesh networks for mining, military, oil and gas, and first responder voice-video-data applications.
MALVERN, PA /BUSINESS WIRE/ -- Rajant Corp., a pioneer of kinetic mesh networks and provider of proven, multi-frequency mesh networking solutions, introduced the Rajant BreadCrumb ME4, a lightweight, portable, ruggedized wireless transceiver that forms a mesh network when used with other BreadCrumb devices.
The Rajant BreadCrumb ME4 network node contains two radios, with multiple configuration options (900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 4.9 GHz, 5 GHz, and other frequencies) to support a broad range of deployments, and supports open-standard IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n protocols to enable data, voice, and video applications. A full-featured network device, the ME4 can operate in extreme conditions and has several mounting options.
Rajant BreadCrumb ME4 Features
- Supports NSA Suite B cryptography algorithms for data and MAC address encryption and mesh-to-mesh authentication
- Lightweight and portable
- Two external Ethernet ports, one external USB port
- Available with add-on GPS module (via internal USB port)
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- Rugged and environmentally sealed
- High-bandwidth for data, voice, and video applications
- Ability to scale to hundreds of mobile, high-bandwidth nodes
- Runs the new version 11 of Rajant InstaMesh routing software, so the network quickly adapts to moving network elements
- Open-system IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n standards for compatibility with millions of commercial off-the-shelf client devices, such as laptops, smartphones, IP cameras, sensors, VoIP phones, and other IP devices
- Self-configuring operation for fast and easy deployments
- Multiple simultaneous bridge-mode links to the same Ethernet network through the Automatic Protocol Tunneling feature
The Rajant BreadCrumb ME4 will be on display at MINExpo International 2012 from September 24–26, 2012, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Attendees can get their first glimpse of the newest BreadCrumb by visiting Rajant in the South Hall, booth #21077.
Kinetic Mesh Networking
Rajant's solutions are based on the proven Rajant BreadCrumb wireless, portable mesh networking nodes and InstaMesh software, which enable continuous and instantaneous routing of wireless and wired connections. This dynamic-frequency capability allows for total network mobility—kinetic meshing—as well as robust fault tolerance, high throughput, and low latency.
The range of applications supported by kinetic mesh networking is virtually unlimited, including remote monitoring and equipment conditions, voice and data communications, and video security. Rajant's technology is used extensively today in demanding military and mining operations, and can provide the same levels of reliable security, safety, and productivity for any industry that must monitor and protect remote infrastructure.
Rajant's proven portfolio of networking solutions are widely deployed, providing flexible and reliable network connectivity in the oil and gas, mining, military, first responders and municipalities, and service providers and telco markets.
Rajant Corp. enables secure communications on the move through a portable meshed wireless network that can rapidly reconfigure and adapt in real-time. Rajant's BreadCrumb Wireless solutions provide networks for military, mining, oil and gas, homeland security, first responders, telecommunications service providers, and public safety and provide voice and data communications across a meshed, self-healing network. Rajant's BreadCrumb network nodes communicate with IP-based client devices, such as laptops, PDAs, video cameras, satellite terminals, networked radios, RFID's, and sensor devices. For more information, call 484-595-0233.
Most Read Articles