Rajant Debuts New Portable BreadCrumb ModelJuly 23, 2013
The single-radio BreadCrumb JR ruggedized broadband nodes support 802.11a/b/g/n to create mobile Kinetic Mesh networks.
MALVERN, PA /BUSINESS WIRE/ -- Rajant Corp., the pioneer of Kinetic Mesh networks and provider of proven, multi-frequency mesh networking solutions, introduced two new models in its family of BreadCrumb network nodes. The BreadCrumb JR2-24 and JR2-50 are lightweight, portable, ruggedized, single-radio wireless transceivers that work in concert with other BreadCrumb nodes to form Kinetic Mesh networks in which any or all network nodes can be in constant motion.
The Rajant BreadCrumb JR2-24 network node contains a single 2.4 GHz ISM band radio, while the JR2-50 operates in 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz ISM band to support a broad range of deployments, and supports open-standard IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n protocols to enable data, voice, and video applications. A full-featured network device, both JR2 models can operate in extreme conditions and have several mounting options.
Rajant BreadCrumb JR2 Features:
- Supports NSA Suite B cryptography algorithms for data and MAC address encryption and mesh-to-mesh authentication
- Lightweight and portable
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- Rugged and environmentally sealed
- High-bandwidth for data, voice, and video applications
- Ability to scale to hundreds of mobile, high-bandwidth nodes
- Runs the new version 11.2 of Rajant InstaMesh routing software, so the network quickly adapts to moving network elements
- Both models have 802.11n chipsets for compatibility with millions of commercial off-the-shelf client devices, such as laptops, smartphones, IP cameras, sensors, VoIP phones, and other IP devices
- Self-configuring operation for fast and easy deployments
- Multiple simultaneous bridge-mode links to the same Ethernet network through automatic protocol tunneling feature
Kinetic Mesh Networking
Rajant's solutions are based on the proven Rajant BreadCrumb wireless, portable mesh networking nodes and InstaMesh software, which enable continuous and instantaneous routing of wireless and wired connections. This dynamic frequency utilization capability allows for total network mobility—Kinetic Meshing—as well as robust fault tolerance, high throughput, and low latency.
The range of applications supported by Kinetic Mesh networking is virtually unlimited, from remote monitoring and equipment conditions to voice and data communications to video security. Rajant's technology is used extensively today in demanding military and mining operations, and can provide the same levels of reliable security, safety, and productivity for any industry that must monitor and protect remote infrastructure.
Rajant's proven portfolio of networking solutions are widely deployed, providing flexible and reliable network connectivity in the oil and gas, mining, military, first responders and municipalities, railroads, and service providers and telco markets.
Rajant Corp. enables secure communications-on-the-move through a portable meshed wireless network that can rapidly reconfigure and adapt in real time. Rajant's BreadCrumb wireless solutions provide networks for military, mining, oil and gas, homeland security, first responders, railroads, telecommunications service providers, and public safety and provide voice and data communications across a meshed, self-healing network. Rajant's BreadCrumb network nodes communicate with IP-based client devices, such as laptops, PDAs, video cameras, satellite terminals, networked radios, RFID tags, and sensor devices. For more information, please call 484-595-0233.
Most Read Articles