FreeWave Adds to Wireless IO Family of RadiosFebruary 25, 2010
New cost-effective I2-IO wireless IO product line provides reliable wireless signal reporting and replication in difficult environments.
BOULDER, CO /PRNewswire/ -- FreeWave Technologies, manufacturer of the most reliable, high-performance spread spectrum and licensed radios for critical data transmission, announced the release of its new I2-IO data radio product line, which includes the I2-IOS and I2-IOM. The additions to the IO family are ideal for wireless signal reporting and replication applications in industries such as water/wastewater, electric power and oil and gas, and renewable energy markets.
By supporting the popular unlicensed 2.4 GHz RF spectrum, FreeWave's new I2-IO products can add wireless IO (input and output) capabilities quickly without the need to obtain spectrum licenses, run wires, place conduit or even dig trenches. The FreeWave I2-IO product offers a high measurement accuracy of 0.1% over temperature, high reliability and availability as well as built-in diagnostic capabilities through the FreeWave Technologies Tool Suite software, thereby reducing maintenance costs. In addition, users can get both wireless IO and signal replication even in locations where 900 MHz spectrum is congested by other devices.
"Wireless IO technology offers significant advantages for fast and cost-effective implementation of measurement, monitoring and control," said Ken Granader, vice president of sales at FreeWave. "Now customers have an option for deploying wireless IO other than in the increasingly popular 900 MHz spectrum with the new I2-IO products that offer a fast, reliable, cost-effective solution for the unlicensed 2.4 GHz spectrum."
Additional key benefits of the I2-IO product line include:
- The IO slave is UL Class 1, Div 2 approved for use in hazardous environments. Application for C1, D2 approval has been filed for the IO master.
- The ability to transport sensor data, such as pressures, levels and temperatures. In addition, the I2-IO can provide remote control via digital signaling for eStop and similar applications.
- Low power consumption, making it ideal for remote locations with little to no access to power.
- Increased reliability and elimination of data measurement or transmission faults, as the measured and digitized signal does not degrade when being transmitted across the wireless link, unlike the signal degradation on long, hard-wired links known for introducing significant measurement noise.
- Flexibility, as they can also be used for serial (RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485) wireless telemetry and SCADA applications in license-free 2.4 GHz spectrum.
The I2-IO radios are available now. Additional information is available online or by contacting FreeWave at 866-923-9948.
About FreeWave Technologies
Founded in 1993, FreeWave Technologies manufactures the most reliable, high performing, lowest power consumption, spread spectrum and licensed radios for mission-critical data transmission. Through engineering excellence and a relentless commitment to best-in-class manufacturing, FreeWave customers enjoy superior radio up-time, range and the lowest cost of ownership available. Based in Boulder, CO, FreeWave designs and manufactures radios that are the leading choice for oil and gas, utility, military and numerous other industrial applications. Organizations that count on radio data communications for operational success—where failure and down-time are not an option—trust FreeWave for custom network design, system engineering and customer support that is unparalleled in the market.
Most Read Articles