Altair Releases Industry's Most Advanced Single Mode LTE ChipsetFebruary 21, 2014
Category 6 LTE-Advanced Chipset Supports 300Mbps Throughput with 20+20MHz Carrier Aggregation
HOD HASHARON, Israel -- Altair Semiconductor, the world's leading developer of high-performance, single-mode LTE chipsets, announced today the availability of its newest LTE-Advanced baseband processor, the FourGee-3802. The new chip is compliant with 3GPP Release 10 specifications, and based on Altair's patented Software Defined Radio (SDR) architecture, is software upgradable to support Release 11 specifications.
Together with the FourGee-6300 companion radio chip, the FourGee-3802 baseband processor is the most advanced single-mode LTE chipset in the market, supporting the following key features:
• Category 6 throughputs of up to 300Mbps
• Carrier Aggregation support for up to 20+20MHz channels
• Patented SDR architecture supporting 3GPP Release 10 and software upgradable to Release 11
• Powerful 800MHz CPU subsystem
• On-chip High Definition VoLTE
• Advanced LTE feature support - TM9, eMBMS, eICIC and Envelope Tracking (ET)
• Widest RF band span of 400-3800MHz with 6 parallel MIMO RF ports
• Field proven INCA™ Interference Cancellation technology
• FastBoot™ technology for boot and connection time acceleration
• Ultra-low standby and active power consumption
"Altair continues to be the front-runner in the single-mode LTE market," said Eran Eshed, Co-Founder and Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at Altair. "Having shipped and deployed millions of LTE baseband/RF chips on the world's largest LTE networks, we believe our products set the benchmark for maturity, performance and cost. The FourGee-3802 is the industry's most advanced single-mode LTE processor, and its introduction further widens the existing gap between Altair and our competition."
Altair's FourGee-3802 processor is the third generation of Altair's LTE chipsets and follows the FourGee-3800 (Category 4), and FourGee-3100 (Category 3) processors. The FourGee-3100 powers most of the world's single-mode LTE devices including Verizon Wireless' Ellipsis 7 tablet, the HP Chromebook 11.6" LTE and the Yota WiFi Dongle. FourGee-3800 is already shipping to Altair customers. The FourGee-3802 will be mass production-ready in H2 2014.
Altair representatives will host meetings at Mobile World Congress in Hall 5, rooms 5L35MR and 5L38MR. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.altair-semi.com.
Most Read Articles