Neurotechnology Announces Major Updates to Entire Biometric Product LineMarch 17, 2014
Algorithm improvements, new functionality and higher-level API allow faster integration
VILNIUS, Lithuania, -- Neurotechnology, a provider of high-precision biometric identification technologies, today announced new releases across their entire line of biometric Software Development Kits (SDK). The latest product versions include significant algorithm improvements for functionality enhancement and higher recognition accuracy. The new, higher-level API is designed to make it easier and faster to integrate any combination of fingerprint, face, iris and voice biometrics into identification projects – from basic applications like secure entry to national-scale projects such as voter registration that require high-speed, high-volume identification capabilities. The new API also makes it simple to switch between the local computer and the required server-side solution and enables the application to be scaled up as needed.
Updated products from Neurotechnology include:
• MegaMatcher 5.0 multi-biometric SDK for large-scale applications,
• MegaMatcher Accelerator 7.0 multi-biometric software and hardware server side matching solution,
• MegaMatcher on Card 3.3 for multi-biometric matching on a smart card,
• VeriFinger 7.0 for fingerprint identification,
• VeriLook 5.5 for facial identification,
• VeriEye 2.8 for iris identification, and
• VeriSpeak 2.1 for voice identification.
"Our focus has always been on the creation of more powerful biometric algorithms, and we have continued that tradition with major enhancements across these new product versions," said Irmantas Naujikas, Director, Business Development, for Neurotechnology. "Also, project implementation periods are often critically short, so we restructured the API to make it more intuitive, enabling developers to integrate multiple biometric technologies into their projects in a much shorter period of time. We included more simplified samples and tutorials to make the integration process easier," Naujikas added.
Other significant product updates include:
• Fingerprint Biometrics (VeriFinger 7.0, MegaMatcher 5.0 SDK, MegaMatcher Accelerator 7.0): Majorupdates to the fingerprint segmentation, extraction and matching algorithm provide greater precision. The new recognition algorithm provides a level of accuracy that is up to two times higher than the previous version.
• Face Biometrics (VeriLook 5.5, MegaMatcher 5.0 SDK, MegaMatcher Accelerator 7.0): The new facial recognition algorithm offers faster face detection, improved face feature determination and emotion detection.
• Other biometric modalities: Iris Biometrics (VeriEye 2.8, MegaMatcher 5.0 SDK, MegaMatcher Accelerator 7.0), Voice Biometrics (VeriSpeak 2.1) and Matching On Card (MegaMatcher on Card) all include algorithm updates for functionality improvement or higher recognition accuracy.
MegaMatcher 5.0, which is available in both Standard and Extended versions, enables the use of any combination of fingerprint, face, iris, palmprint or voice biometric modalities while providing extremely fast and accurate identification. MegaMatcher 5.0 can match up to 200,000 fingerprint, face or iris records or 8,000 voice print records per second on a single matching server or cluster node. The Cluster Server component, which accommodates multiple Cluster Nodes for extended capacity and speed, is available in MegaMatcher Extended SDK. The MegaMatcher SDK also includes support for embedded platforms, which enables users to develop PC, embedded or mixed biometric systems that support Windows, Linux, Mac OSX and Android platforms.
Even faster matching speeds can be achieved with the new MegaMatcher Accelerator 7.0 hardware and software solution which matches up to 100 million fingerprints, 100 million faces or 200 million irises per second on single hardware server. MegaMatcher Accelerator 7.0 provides a significantly higher degree of recognition accuracy than any previous version. The matching solution supports fingerprint, face and iris biometric modalities. It is available in both Standard and Extended versions with computer cluster components to enable the building of clusters of MegaMatcher Accelerator units for extremely high speed, high volume identification applications.
Biometrics – and particularly multi-modal biometrics – are increasingly becoming critical components in the issuance of passports, national IDs, voting systems and border control projects around the globe. For these projects, having fast and accurate matching is essential to ensure unique identification and provide a process that works quickly and smoothly for the user. As the need for these biometric projects accelerates worldwide, Neurotechnology's SDKs provide the high degree of speed and accuracy required for national-scale projects while helping to ensure that the development and integration of multiple biometric modalities is as fast and easy as possible.
The entire updated Neurotechnology biometric product line is available through Neurotechnology or from distributors worldwide. For more information, go to: http://www.neurotechnology.com
Most Read Articles