TI expands its MSP430 MCU Value LineJanuary 26, 2011
The 64 ultra-low-power MSP430 Value Line MCUs give 8-bit developers more options with increased memory and capacitive touch capabilities in low-cost applications such as consumer, lighting and touch pads.
DALLAS, TX /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing its commitment to provide more low-cost options to 8-bit developers, Texas Instruments Inc. (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced 64 new ultra-low-power MSP430 Value Line microcontrollers (MCUs) that offer 16-bit performance at an 8-bit price. The new MSP430G2xx2 MCUs include integrated capacitive touch IOs, allowing developers to interface directly with capacitive touch pads, eliminating the need for additional hardware and components. Additionally, the MSP430 MCU Value Line expansion provides extra package and memory options, providing developers with increased design flexibility. Supported by TI's $4.30 LaunchPad development kit, free software and broad third party support network, the G2xx2 MCUs further enable an easy upgrade to 16-bit performance while maintaining the ultra-low Value Line price.
Key features and Benefits of the Value Line G2xx2 MCUs
- Integrated capacitive touch IOs eliminate the need for external passive components, reducing system level BOM
- Increased memory ranges of up to 8 KB Flash and 256 B RAM to support more advanced applications
- Additional package options with increased pin counts (20-pin TSSOP and PDIP) offer more flexibility when programming and designing form factors
- Optimized efficiency with ultra-low standby power of 0.4 µA and <1 µs wake-up time as well as integrated intelligent peripherals, such as 10-bit ADCs, UART, comparator and serial communication
- Supported by complete hardware and software development environment with free, downloadable software debuggers and compilers, including Code Composer Studio IDE and IAR Embedded Workbench, and $4.30 LaunchPad development kit
- Code compatible across MSP430 platform providing easy migration path for added scalability
Pricing and Availability
The new MSP430G2xx2 MCUs are priced from $0.33 for 100K units and samples are immediately available. The MSP430 MCU Value Line LaunchPad development kit (MSP-EXP430G2) is priced at $4.30.
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430 MCUs, to Stellaris Cortex-M3-based 32-bit MCUs and high performance, real-time control TMS320C2000 MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries.
Most Read Articles