R/GA And Techstars Announce The 10 Startups Selected For The R/GA Connected Devices Accelerator ProgramDecember 5, 2013
The ten companies represent a cross-section of verticals and show great promise for the future of connected devices
NEW YORK, NY. - R/GA, the world's most award-winning digital agency, is pleased to announce the ten companies selected to participate in the R/GA Connected Devices Accelerator program, powered by Techstars. The 10 products and concepts represent innovative connected devices spanning a diverse array of verticals including healthcare, the connected home, child care, retail, and navigation. The accelerator will lead the companies through a rigorous program that taps into R/GA's best-in-class expertise in business and brand consulting, product and services innovation, and marketing and communications. The program is built on Techstars' proven methodology and also provides access to mentors from R/GA's global network of clients.
"The 10 startups selected for the Connected Devices Accelerator merge technology and product development in ways that are truly innovative, expanding our perceptions of what's possible within the ever-growing 'Internet of Things,'" said Stephen Plumlee, Global Chief Operating Officer, R/GA. "R/GA is excited to officially launch the program in partnership with Techstars and start working with the 10 companies to help develop and refine their product and marketing strategies."
R/GA Connected Devices Accelerator companies are:
1. Enertiv: Revolutionizing building energy management with real time data.
2. Footmarks: Transforming engagement in traditional retail with sensors that can detect consumers.
3. Grove: Powering the urban farming revolution.
4. Hammerhead Navigation: Heads-up navigation display for bicyclists with integrated social community.
5. Keen Home: Developing intelligent devices for your home, starting with a connected air vent.
6. KyteLabs: Consumer product that brings connectivity to everyday transactions.
7. Owlet Baby Care: The first baby health monitor that tracks what really matters.
8. ringblingz: A social notification platform that keeps you connected.
9. QoL: Improving respiratory health and fitness through innovative devices.
10. Qualia Health: Using data science to measure changes in overall health and improve lives.
"Techstars is excited to be partnering with R/GA on this program," said Techstars Founder/CEO David Cohen. "R/GA's world-class design combined with Managing Director Calvin Chu's wealth of knowledge in the connected devices space positions this class of ten teams to go above and beyond. I can't wait to see what they create."
The R/GA Connected Devices Accelerator, powered by Techstars is an initiative of R/GA Ventures, a recently formed LLC created in partnership with The Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG). R/GA Ventures will oversee investments made by R/GA and Interpublic through programs such as the R/GA Connected Devices Accelerator, powered by Techstars.
The program aims to serve the growing list of startups in the "Internet of Things" space that are developing connected mobile apps, hardware, products, and services. An on-site, R/GA-dedicated services team as well as program mentors will provide design, innovation, development, business, brand, and marketing consulting for the companies. At the end of the program, all 10 companies will present to investors, media, select R/GA clients, and industry leaders, first at an invite-only launch event in Austin, TX during the 2014 SXSWi festival and then during a private Demo Day in NYC. Each accepted team is eligible to receive up to $120,000 in funding from R/GA and Techstars.
Most Read Articles