Best of Sensors Expo Award Winners AnnouncedJune 9, 2011
Twelve gold, silver, bronze, and honorable mention awards were presented in four categories: Sensors; Sensor Components; Technologies; and Data Acquisition.
ROSEMONT, IL /Marketwire/ -- Sensors magazine announced the 12 companies that received the magazine's 2011 "Best of Sensors Expo" Awards for outstanding achievement, which were presented by Executive Editor Melanie Martella at Sensors Expo & Conference, being held June 6–8 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL.
Twelve gold, silver, bronze, and honorable mention awards were presented in four categories: Sensors; Sensor Components; Technologies; and Data Acquisition. In addition to Martella, this year's judges included Ed Ramsden from Lattice Semiconductor. Exhibitors submitted new product nominations, and entries were judged on the basis of potential impact, application, distinctiveness, timeliness, and availability.
"The nominations demonstrated exceptional innovation, integration, and ease of use," said Martella. "We applaud them all."
Following is a list of award recipients.
- Austriamicrosystems, in the Sensors category, for the AS5410 3D Hall encoder
- InfraTec Infrared LLC/Fraunhofer, in the Sensor Components category, for the Model LFP-80105-337 tunable microspectrometer detector
- Plessey Semiconductors Ltd., in the Sensor Components category, for the EPIC electric potential IC
- Synkera Technologies Inc., in the Sensors category, for the MikroKera family of chemical sensors
- Meggitt Sensing Systems, in the Sensors category, for the Endevco Model 72 Series High-G shock accelerometers
- MicroStrain Inc., in the Data Acquisition category, for its mXRS extended-range wireless sensing system
- MicroStrain Inc., also in the Data Acquisition category, for its SensorCloud sensor data storage, visualization, and remote management platform
- DTS Inc., in the Data Acquisition category, for its SLICE MICRO IEPE standalone data recorder
- Libelium, in the Data Acquisition category, for its Radiation Sensor Board
- GTI Spindle Technology, in the Technologies category, for its iPad vibration analyzer
- Hoffmann + Krippner Inc., in the Sensors category, for its Moog QuieSense Model QU66601L noiseless thin-film position sensor
- Nextreme Thermal Solutions, in the Sensors category, for its Thermobility WPG-1 wireless power generator
Sensors is the authority for smart design, applications, and networks. It provides focused news in the markets where sensor and related technologies are applied as part of a company or organization's business and competitive strategy: Electronics & Computers; Machine Manufacturing; Process Industries; Automotive; Aerospace/Military/Homeland Security; Medical Devices; Engineering/Architectural; R+D; Wireless Networking & M2M; and more.
About Sensors Expo & Conference
Sensors Expo & Conference brings together over 4000 engineers, scientists, and industry professionals from around the world to see the latest innovations in sensor technology, learn about the most important sensing trends, and network with industry leaders. This year's event is co-located with the Embedded Systems Conference Chicago and features a MEMS Pavilion, Energy Harvesting Pavilion, and Technology Update Theater. Conference sessions focus on today's most important sensing trends and technologies, including new tracks on Mobile Sensing and Cutting-Edge Technologies, as well as MEMS, Energy Harvesting, Wireless Sensor Networking, and Novel Approaches to Measurement & Detection. Pre-Conference Symposia featured MEMS Commercialization, Power Management and Sensor Selection.
The Sensors Expo & Conference is produced and managed by Questex Media Group LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA.
Most Read Articles