Parker Hannifin’s combo of SCOUT Cloud Software and SensoNODE Gold Sensors allows users to access machine condition data via a web browser to identify operational and performance improvements. As industries discover the benefits of Industry 4.0 and the Internet of Things (IoT) in day-to-day business, innovative solutions bridge the gap between modern technology and traditional manufacturing. Parker’s cloud-based, continuous monitoring solution does this by cutting through the chaos of traditional asset monitoring and giving users centralized access to asset information, whether they are on-site or miles away.
Remote continuous monitoring allows plant staff to:
- Access asset data from anywhere with an internet connection
- Monitor and address the long-term and immediate health of machines and processes
- Monitor machines without interrupting production or creating potentially dangerous situations
- Receive alert notifications of issues by email, text and in-system messaging
- Export data for analysis and reporting
- Multiple personnel can monitor data simultaneously
Continuous monitoring means that the system is always ‘watching’ for issues and alerts users when problems arise, says David Shannon, business unit manager with Parker QCD. This lets workers “manage by exception,” and focus on the assets and/or processes that need their attention without spending unnecessary man-hours manually inspecting and collecting data on assets/processes that are operating correctly, he says. Checkout the SCOUT Cloud Software product page for more details.