Gold: Analog Devices, Inc., Blackfin Low-power Imaging Platform (BLIP)
Silver: OrthoSensor, Inc., VERASENSE Knee System
Bronze: Murata Electronics, Ballistocardiographic Sensors (SCA10H and SCA11H)
Honorable Mention: charity: water, Outpour: AFD-1 Afridev Sensor
Honorable Mention: ROHM Co., Ltd., Sensor Medal
Honorable Mention: Omron Electronic Components, Human Vision Components
Gold:.Akustica, AKU151: industry’s smallest top-port MEMS microphone
Gold: ams AG, 47 series of magnetic position sensors
Silver: Micronor Inc., Micronor MR303 first MRI Safe linear incremental encoder system
Bronze: Bosch Sensortec, BME680 integrated environmental sensor
Honorable Mention: Meggitt Sensing Systems, Endevco 35B adhesive mount triaxial piezo accelerometer
Honorable Mention:. Electro Optical Components distributes the Cambridge CMOS Sensors CCS801 - world’s smallest chemical gas sensor
Honorable Mention: MEMS Industry Group and Freescale Semiconductor, ACCELERATED INNOVATION COMMUNITY
Honorable Mention: Monnit, Tarts Wireless Sensors for Open Platforms
Read the full press release here.
What are the Best of Sensors Expo Awards?
The awards focus on applications and innovations in the world of sensors. These prestigious awards were presented by the Executive Editor of Sensors, Mat Dirjish, at Sensors Expo & Conference on Wednesday, June 10th. The 2016 Awards process will be announced in the Spring of 2016.
Awards were presented in the following categories:
- Innovation Award: This award seeks to recognize advances in sensor and sensor-related technologies, either in the form of novel technologies or as significant improvements in existing technologies. Nominated technologies should meet the requirement for distinctiveness, potential impact, and application.
- Application Award: This award is for sensor applications, whether commercial or experimental. The goal is to recognize sensor use in the wider world. Nominated applications should use sensors, must be distinctive, must have the potential to change the way people work, and must serve a real need.
What are the Engineering Excellence Awards?
These awards focus on excellence among engineers in the below categories. Sensors recognized the winners on Tuesday, June 9th during the Kick-Off Party at the Hyatt Long Beach.
- Engineers of the Year Award: Intended to recognize engineering teams working within the sensor industry. Winners must have provided an outstanding contribution to the sensors industry, either through the development of sensor technology or by its application to address real-world problems.
- Rising Star Award: Intended to recognize a young engineer who is active within the sensors industry and has already contributed to advancing sensor technology or sensor applications.
Nomination and Review Process
The online nomination forms will provide initial qualifying information on each prospective nominee. The Executive Editor of Sensors will then review all nominations and contact nominees to secure more in-depth details as necessary. Finally, the Executive Editor will present the awards on-site at Sensors Expo & Conference to the winners. Stay tuned for information on the 2016 Awards.
What the Winners Get
When you or your product is selected for a Best of Sensors Expo Award, you will receive:
- Complimentary Main Conference Pass to attend Sensors Expo & Conference 2016 (valued at $899)
- A distinguished Best of Sensors Expo 2016 award to display in your booth and/or place of business
- Exclusive use of the Best of Sensors Expo Award Winner logo for one year
- Inclusion in a press release announcing all of the year's winners and accomplishments
- Press release template for your distribution
Plus, your Best of Sensors Expo achievement will be announced to the industry via:
- Coverage on Sensors' Web site www.sensorsmag.com
- A banner ad on the Sensors home page
- Press release circulated to hundreds of media outlets via MarketWireMentions and hotlinks on www.sensorsmag.com and www.sensorsexpo.com.
Most Read Articles